Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WoF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the symptoms?

I had both front control arms replaced a few months ago but nothing about the lateral links.

My car is a July 2020 build and done 65k kms.
No symptoms for the most part, cracked bushes being picked up on inspection. I guess if I were you I'd have an inspection done before you hit 80k, if that's before your first WoF is due next July. Probably they're fine now, given the techs were just in there working on the control arms, they probably would have noticed.

Last edited:
My car joined the failed WoF club today! Seems to be a bigger list than what others have had, with front and rear parts:
d9964KI.png

TMhaoLC.png

The Christchurch SC has all the parts for the front, but the stuff for the rear needs to be ordered in

It's good they had the front stuff, that's what they were struggling to stock before. Hope you don't have a long wait on the others. I think there's something to be said for getting new suspension parts while they're still under warranty!

I’ve had the FR upper control arms and lateral links replaced under warranty, the SC says the parts are now in revision D, so they have been updating them as cars rack up the mileage.

My car just went over 70k but still over 10 months til wof. I’ll have to schedule one in January before my warranty expires.

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli
Yes I really hope that the improved parts they are fitting are much longer lasting. I think your plan about a pre-WoF inspection is spot on. After the delays with my first WoF, next year's WoF won't actually be due until after the 4 year warranty expires, but I'm definitely going to make sure it's done just before rather than just after.

Reactions: Ecoli
Mine wasn't due until December 17, but it was your experience and that of a few others that I've seen that prompted me to be proactive about it and get it in a month ahead of the due date. I wouldn't want to find out that it needed to wait for parts to pass the WoF and leave me without the car over the holiday period.

I asked service centre about 12 volt battery replacement, they checked mine and said it was ok
No new battery for me
Recently started squeaking from front suspension, both upper control arms replaced
Hopefully the new ones last longer than 3 years
Car is 2019 vintage

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
I asked service centre about 12 volt battery replacement, they checked mine and said it was ok
No new battery for me
Recently started squeaking from front suspension, both upper control arms replaced
Hopefully the new ones last longer than 3 years
Car is 2019 vintage
Well, first ones were potentially designed to be replaced within warranty... replacement ones suppose to last life?

Day dreaming again 🤣

Mine wasn't due until December 17, but it was your experience and that of a few others that I've seen that prompted me to be proactive about it and get it in a month ahead of the due date. I wouldn't want to find out that it needed to wait for parts to pass the WoF and leave me without the car over the holiday period.
Have they got you going again yet?