Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Woke up to 2017 S75D heated to 121F (outside temp 38F)

KCapital

Dec 7, 2017
NJ
Something wrong with Tesla (2017 S75D) this morning. Woke up to find it burning hot 121F in garage when outside temp is 38F.

Anyone has noticed this issue?

Attachments

• S75D_TempIssue.jpg
    S75D_TempIssue.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 43

boaterva

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
That Bjorn post was hilarious... I had this once where the climate didn't shut off when I exited the car in my garage. Since, I've taken to checking the car status at night to be sure it's 'resting comfortably'. My GF tells me Samantha (the car) is like a fussy baby, we need to check on her temperature, her feeding, etc. :D

Not happened since, but every new firmware is new worry for what did she learn at school! :confused:

lance

Aug 28, 2014
Montreal
Same thing happened to me. 2013 S parked in the garage. A weird update last summer totally messed up the centre console screen and was pretty much unusable for a couple months. Then an update fixed that but made my home charging intermittent. Next update fixed home charging but added preconditioning, which I tried a few times in the super cold over the Xmas holidays when the car was outside. But then a couple months ago whilst parked inside our garage in town it heated of it's own accord to about the same temperature. The garage was a sauna. Tesla reported I set something to do that but I don't have any recollection of that. Suffice it to say I'm nervous about charging it indoors now even though I check it all the time!

fasteddie7

Aug 12, 2016
uniontown PA
Precondition is not the same as turning on the climate controls, is it? I thought precondition was to warm the battery only. Or does it do both?
The word Preconditioning can be used to mean either manual or automatic. I’m this case we were talking about the setting in the car that is the “smart” preconditioning that does it automatically.

Ruffles

Jun 13, 2017
Snohomish WA
A fairly recent update introduced this bug. I talked to the service center about this and the recommendation was to disable smart pre-conditioning until told otherwise.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC