TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Woke up to 2017 S75D heated to 121F (outside temp 38F)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by KCapital, Mar 28, 2018.

1. KCapital

KCapital Member

Something wrong with Tesla (2017 S75D) this morning. Woke up to find it burning hot 121F in garage when outside temp is 38F.

Anyone has noticed this issue?

Attached Files:

2. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Preconditioning on HI?

3. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Oven Mode. Good for baking cookies.

• Funny x 8
  4. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Well,... at least you’ll have regen right out the gate

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

• Funny x 8
  6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

That Bjorn post was hilarious... I had this once where the climate didn't shut off when I exited the car in my garage. Since, I've taken to checking the car status at night to be sure it's 'resting comfortably'. My GF tells me Samantha (the car) is like a fussy baby, we need to check on her temperature, her feeding, etc. :D

Not happened since, but every new firmware is new worry for what did she learn at school! :confused:

7. KCapital

KCapital Member

I have precondition disabled. I manually turn on the climate control in morning as needed.

8. ElectricTundra

ElectricTundra P85D AP1

Bjørn forgot to roll in the snow after his sauna.

9. lance

lance Member

Same thing happened to me. 2013 S parked in the garage. A weird update last summer totally messed up the centre console screen and was pretty much unusable for a couple months. Then an update fixed that but made my home charging intermittent. Next update fixed home charging but added preconditioning, which I tried a few times in the super cold over the Xmas holidays when the car was outside. But then a couple months ago whilst parked inside our garage in town it heated of it's own accord to about the same temperature. The garage was a sauna. Tesla reported I set something to do that but I don't have any recollection of that. Suffice it to say I'm nervous about charging it indoors now even though I check it all the time!

10. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

Precondition is not the same as turning on the climate controls, is it? I thought precondition was to warm the battery only. Or does it do both?

11. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

The word Preconditioning can be used to mean either manual or automatic. I’m this case we were talking about the setting in the car that is the “smart” preconditioning that does it automatically.

12. P85Dave

P85Dave Member

I really REALLY hope that's not in a Tesla loaner :p

• Funny x 1
  13. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

A fairly recent update introduced this bug. I talked to the service center about this and the recommendation was to disable smart pre-conditioning until told otherwise.