Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla buyers have gone far beyond TMC for a while now :) Estonia has 6-7 Model S present and total at least 20 reservation/car holders (the ones I know of, beyond that there are the ones I don't know about). Yet only I bothered to register the location on the map when I ordered the car last year. The early adopter phase came and went and now it's general public that is ordering :)

Map is now up to date as of this morning!

All,

I contacted Robert and offered my services to help maintain the map, since with his other commitments he had gotten behind. So, I'm glad to report that as of this morning the map is now up to date (about 75 new entries were made).

I will help Robert to review the pending entries going forward, so we can keep up with the demand.

Keep those reservations coming!!

All,

I contacted Robert and offered my services to help maintain the map, since with his other commitments he had gotten behind. So, I'm glad to report that as of this morning the map is now up to date (about 75 new entries were made).

I will help Robert to review the pending entries going forward, so we can keep up with the demand.

Thanks for helping Robert out!

All,

Good job!

It would have been nice if markets like China had some local way of showing their orders as well. Language barrier means that despite hundreds of cars delivered, there are hardly any in the map so far.

Good job!

It would have been nice if markets like China had some local way of showing their orders as well. Language barrier means that despite hundreds of cars delivered, there are hardly any in the map so far.
First, let me publicly thank @DiversifiedOne for his help. Yea!

Second, on the language front: Zeemap's English-only interface is hurting statistics not only in China but in all countries where English isn't a leading language. (Norway's numbers are helped, I suspect, by the prevalence of English as a second language there.) If anyone has the skills and time to help port this map into a more multi-lingual interface, please let me know. The key software requirements are that (a) anyone can enter data on the map but (b) data is reviewed by a moderator before it is posted. I know Google Maps meets criterion (a) but I haven't found a way of adding criterion (b).

Sorry, all -- I fell behind in updating this map, and the volunteer who was helping me disappeared silently. Everything is up to date.

Good job, Robert :wink:

Despite hundreds of cars delivered to Hong Kong, there are hardly any subscribers from here on your list. I have just (re-)posted to encourage people to do it. Maybe now, as there is a steady flow of cars, people are less interested. Last time I was in down town Hong Kong (Admiralty) I looked around and saw three Model S around my own Model S.

Things are a-changing, to the better though! We have passed the early adaptor stage, it's much more main stream now (depending on your location)

The new clustering on the map reveals how well Tesla is doing in Norway (and/or the interest of Norwegians in posting their locations). Here are three maps, all to the same scale:
Oslo Area ZeeMap.png
Bay Area ZeeMap.png
LA Area ZeeMap.png

The new clustering on the map reveals how well Tesla is doing in Norway (and/or the interest of Norwegians in posting their locations). Here are three maps, all to the same scale:

Amazing concentration! Norway has less people than Denmark, yet they sell more Model S a month than the total fleet of Denmark! At least for now. And Norway is one of the largest oil exporting nations, yet they welcome imported EVs despite them not using any oil apart from possibly lubrication of door hinges. And drive train every 200,000 miles (or are those oils synthetic?)

I still don't understand why TM won't publish sales figures.

Would it really impact the stock value so much? Are they scared competition will gain some kind of advantage? Some countries list registered EVs in their statistics. Subtracting i3, Leaf and others who are not ashamed of their sales, gives the Model S sales away anyway.

I tried to "push" your map in the Hong Kong community, did you get any recent sign ups? I guess some are concerned with privacy.

Also, most of the Chinese cannot understand English, or they don't bother - so the penetration on your map in China must be very low. Add to that, Google is more or less blocked in China with all their services, so it would require a VPN to see it. Keep those points in mind when trying to gauge Chinese sales.

Last edited:
During 2012, when we were all still waiting for our cars and the ratio of enthusiasts-to-customers was high, approximately 10% of the U.S. reservations were shown on the map. It looks like Norway has kept up that high level of enthusiasm, but no where else. (We do have accurate numbers for car registrations in European counties and the US overall, but not in the US by state.)

My real point with these maps was to balance a perception that the place in the world you're most likely to see a Model S is Silicon Valley. I'm confident that you'll see more in Oslo!