Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would You Buy a Tesla Phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems a bit inconsistent. I see Apple as blocked but have an unblocked button but for some they don’t get the unblocked button while others don’t see the message at all. There’s quite a long thread on Twitter/X on this with no clear explanation of why different people are seeing different messages as it doesn’t look like device or regional differences. Tim Cook is still there so maybe it’s just another glitch.

Will never happen so it's a moot point.

At what point do people start to apply some critical thinking to these flights of fancy? Just because Elon suggests something could happen, doesn't mean it will - and nowadays more than likely that it won't.

Elon even tweeted about how it could use Tesla's "own tech stack", whatever that is supposed to mean, some hitherto new operating system with no apps. Sounds grrrrrrrrrreat. There's a reason Android and "forked Android" is used in a bunch of things, and it's not because people necessarily worship Google.

How is X - The Everything App coming along? We're all using it as a YouTube/LinkedIn/online banking replacement yet?

Anyway, this has only bubbled up again because he's crying about Apple partnering with OpenAI, having failed to watch the keynote or grasp the substance of what that partnership entailed (and more importantly what it didn't mean).

Reactions: ChrisInTheCar
Wouldn't it be a SpaceX phone to use Starlink?

It would certainly be unlikely I would switch from iPhone, certainly the brand tie in wouldn't be a factor. If it had some amazing ease of use feature then maybe. I tried switching to a Samsung S20 a few years ago and found it so infuriating I went back to iPhone within 3 months.

My iPhone already can send data via satellites.

Reactions: FastEddieB
He’d need to embrace an App Store (and expect loads of developers to port to yet another platform) or use Google App Store in which case it’s just another Android phone with a few USPs. I can see the Android phone makers losing out whereas Apple users probably won’t care less

Reactions: M3noob
A lot of if's and maybe's. If it links well with Starlink at a halfway sane monthly fee and came out at non-tequila prices then I'd consider it on the grounds that cell signals where I live are poor to non-existent. But it's unlikely to work indoors without another internet source. So if included with regular Starlink sub then again maybe but reluctant to hand any more money to that man and I'd expect it to be priced at 'enthusiast' rates with all sorts of iffy promises..

Reactions: M3noob