Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you still have bought your model 3 if it never had autopilot?

Would you still have bought your model 3 if it never had autopilot?

• Yes

Votes: 167 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 18 7.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Initially it was one of the primary attractors. However I had a budget for this purchase of the car and when push came to shove I opted for the hardware of AWD over the EAP package that was available at the time. I did pick up AP when it was on sale for 2K (love TACC for morning traffic commute) and wish I picked up FSD but wasn’t willing to do that at the time.
If they do ever offer a software unlock for AWD to P- I’d chose that over FSD too.

I bought a SR and still waiting for a Q4/Q1 special for a better price like the $2k mentioned earlier.

Meanwhile, they keep improving it. Also will use a credit card promo to soften the blow

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimJim
probably not. autopilot a true game changer for my driving needs.

Exactly. Without autopilot, it's just a quick car with a mediocre interior and unimpressive seats at a questionable price. With autopilot, I'm willing to give up a lot. I guess for the people who want to save the world the battery car situation is important but I'd have bought the model 3 if it ran on pureed babies and coal. Because autopilot.