Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow! Really Tesla? Are you guys made in China? Water leaking inside the trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone experiencing water leaking inside the trunk while getting a carwash? Because i think my M3 is a defective vehicle. I seen videos online of water dripping inside while the trunk lid is open, but my trunk is completely shut. Let me think +⚡️= might lead to

The iPhone XS Max I voted disagree with is made in China.

Specially in Guangzhou in the Guangdong provence.

Ignorance much?

Reactions: richyrich
Just don't let your kids eat it.

They prefer tide pods. The gluten free variety. In between two slices of avocado toast and washed down with free trade pumpkin spice lates.

Though seriously, it’s not a county of origin issue, it’s the QA and QC.

I gather all your voip gear is made over there or Taiwan as well?

I’m thinking Model Y will be made entirely in China and I have no problem putting down a deposit for 2026 delivery.

Last edited:
They prefer tide pods. The gluten free variety. In between two slices of avocado toast and washed down with free trade pumpkin spice lates.

I’m thinking Model Y will be made entirely in China and I have no problem putting down a deposit for 2026 delivery.

A surprising amount is actually made in Israel. Go figure. Taiwan is a common country of origin too. Some stuff is made in China but not much. I guess that letting a Communist dictatorship make your telecom gear doesn't sit right with a lot of people.

Can confirm, if you forget a rubber gasket over there you'll have your skin peeled and turn into a Bally's Body Worlds exhibit.

(But no seriously, @MXWing is right on the money. It's fundamentally a QC/QA problem when procedures aren't followed and nobody actually catches it. Sorry this happened on your Model 3 but that's what warranties are for. This happens more often on American-made cars, frankly, like having a shift forget to install brake pads on your Chevy: https://jalopnik.com/5872097/gm-admits-it-maybe-forgot-to-put-brake-pads-on-your-chevy-sonic)

• Helpful
Reactions: MXWing
I admit they are not good at fit, finish, sealing, etc. A trunk seal should be on a rolled edge of steel and even a broken or improperly installed seal should not leak like this. If there are holes adjacent to the rolled edge that require plugs then that's a really bad design. In addition the seal slit should never be on the top edge but should still not matter too much. I see how Tesla overlaps its carpet and it's pretty much a "car kit" design. They have a long way to go to match even basic production cars to get these issues worked out. The trunk is pretty east to seal on a car, I hope the issue is not a frame design and just no seal someplace but the dripping water looks pretty bad even if the entire seal was left off.

Is anyone experiencing water leaking inside the trunk while getting a carwash? Because i think my M3 is a defective vehicle. I seen videos online of water dripping inside while the trunk lid is open, but my trunk is completely shut. Let me think +⚡️= might lead to

Classis FUD,
Video or not if people have an issue with a seal b in your door, go to service and stop complaining and using inflammatory " made in China crap"

Classis FUD,
Video or not if people have an issue with a seal b in your door, go to service and stop complaining and using inflammatory " made in China crap"

I agree but Tesla has been sloppy as hell with M3 assembly. I just saw a car at an SC that had defective door seals that needed replacing, the third such issue i have seen post delivery. At this point these blaring QC issues and the crappy paint and fit are no acceptable at delivery. It's one thing to still have rushed work but another to not check the cars before delivery. Trying to pass off cars with clear defects is pretty bad. That said my S repair experience has been excellent so far but the finish and sealing is still sad this far out.