Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wraith

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the car still has the previous owner’s name, they didn’t do a factory reset. You should do that to get rid of the previous owner’s data.

Fun fact: when trying to do a factory reset on my wife’s Model 3 before trading it in, I discovered that the keyboard on the touchscreen has no vertical bar character. You have to enter your Tesla account credentials to do a reset, and the account password had a vertical bar, so I couldn’t do the reset. Tesla does the reset for any trade in, so it wasn’t a problem.

The OP is just seeing the custom name of the car like this one:

1696952826716.png

@CGr00vYY is that "Wraith" in the same position as picture above?

Reactions: CGr00vYY
If the car still has the previous owner’s name, they didn’t do a factory reset. You should do that to get rid of the previous owner’s data.

Fun fact: when trying to do a factory reset on my wife’s Model 3 before trading it in, I discovered that the keyboard on the touchscreen has no vertical bar character. You have to enter your Tesla account credentials to do a reset, and the account password had a vertical bar, so I couldn’t do the reset. Tesla does the reset for any trade in, so it wasn’t a problem.
Free supercharging still so probably won’t want to do a factory reset. I like the name just thought there might be a code name like raven.

Free supercharging still so probably won’t want to do a factory reset. I like the name just thought there might be a code name like raven.
I did a factory reset on my 15 with free supercharging a few months ago when I got it. I think the only thing it really did was require me to submit a service request to get me a new slacker radio account since it stopped working with the previous owners credentials. But there was no charge.

Factory reset won’t remove free supercharging, so no reason not to do it. It may actually improve performance of the MCU by removing navigation destinations and other accumulated data from the previous owner.

Reactions: CGr00vYY