Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll have better luck if you speak with a Tesla CPO adviser. They will have access to cars you can't see online. They know when cars come in and can get you "exact" pricing. That's your best shot @AWD>

Good luck in your search, reach for the stars!

I don't know if my Owner Advisor is a dud or what, but I haven't gotten much help at all so far (in months). I only hear from him if I send him an email asking if he's seen anything, and then he just sends me a few cars that I have already seen on EV-CPO. He claims he (and the other OAs) can't see anything other than what the rest of us can - but that's clearly not true since some people are being notified by their OA about vehicles before they go up online. I've seen "hidden" cars that others have bought that exactly match the specs I gave my OA - but I never got a word about them from him.

To make things even more annoying, when I've contacted OAs that have been recommended by other people (the other OAs all being in other regions), they just say I need to work with the OA from my region. Blech. Not real pleased with the support there so far.

DrMike, thank you for the link to the blue MS85 above, I called an advisor and a deposit had already been placed. She was a beauty, that’s for certain!

In general, you'll find that some of the best deals are directly from Tesla. Regular car dealers for some reason sell used Teslas for more than Tesla does, even though Tesla refurbishes them and gives a warranty. When good deals like that one come along, you often only have a few minutes to grab it before it's gone. That's partly why you may need to relax some of your "must-haves" - because finding a car that meets very specific requirements (especially the RFS, which is rare) can take a long time - so if one pops up that's close, you may need to just say "that's close enough". That's the price of buying used instead of new. And the closer you want to be to your list of must-haves, the more willing you need to be to exceed your initial budget (that was the point of what we were saying before - that you'll be waiting a long, long time to find something that exactly matches your list and at that price).

I've been looking for 5 months for one that matches my requirements. There have been several, but I've always waffled long enough for someone else to buy it first.

Reactions: AWD>
I don't know if my Owner Advisor is a dud or what, but I haven't gotten much help at all so far (in months). I only hear from him if I send him an email asking if he's seen anything, and then he just sends me a few cars that I have already seen on EV-CPO. He claims he (and the other OAs) can't see anything other than what the rest of us can - but that's clearly not true since some people are being notified by their OA about vehicles before they go up online. I've seen "hidden" cars that others have bought that exactly match the specs I gave my OA - but I never got a word about them from him.

To make things even more annoying, when I've contacted OAs that have been recommended by other people (the other OAs all being in other regions), they just say I need to work with the OA from my region. Blech. Not real pleased with the support there so far.

Feel free to reach out if you need a recommendation for a coo advisor, the lady I worked with was able to show me many many other cars that were not on any website, that’s how I purchased my P85D

Reactions: AWD>
I don't know if my Owner Advisor is a dud or what, but ...not real pleased with the support there so far.

sounds like you have a dud. Yolanda in the Westmont Illinois facility is simply kick ass. Like I've posted a dozen or so times when I looked there were no cars in my silly low budget and she found 3. I picked a nice MS60 but asked that if she sees an 85 within range to let me know. She emailed me pics, texted me a wake up you idiot text, then called me about the P85 that I now own. She didn't want me to miss it as she knew I was a yuge performance car guy and this car wasn't going to last long enough to go online.

that's what i got. lightning service. effing amazing gal I can't thank her enough.

Mileage isn’t as big of a factor as long as it’s clean, please disregard the mileage in my OP, would like to stay below 80k miles and have a couple years of warranty left.

Please PM any leads, big thank you to those who have! Missed one tonight by 5 minutes.

Most important options for the wife are the rear facing seats and 85kWh battery since we are out in the boonies and drive 190 round-trip 1-2 times quite often.

Thanks again.

sounds like you have a dud. Yolanda in the Westmont Illinois facility is simply kick ass. Like I've posted a dozen or so times when I looked there were no cars in my silly low budget and she found 3. I picked a nice MS60 but asked that if she sees an 85 within range to let me know. She emailed me pics, texted me a wake up you idiot text, then called me about the P85 that I now own. She didn't want me to miss it as she knew I was a yuge performance car guy and this car wasn't going to last long enough to go online.

that's what i got. lightning service. effing amazing gal I can't thank her enough.

Dammit, why does mine suck so much! Can you PM me her contact info? And hopefully she won't just tell me to work with the one in my region. :(

Thanks!

Mileage isn’t as big of a factor as long as it’s clean, please disregard the mileage in my OP, would like to stay below 80k miles and have a couple years of warranty left.

Please PM any leads, big thank you to those who have! Missed one tonight by 5 minutes.

Most important options for the wife are the rear facing seats and 85kWh battery since we are out in the boonies and drive 190 round-trip 1-2 times quite often.

Thanks again.

Excellent, setting priorities is the way to go. If you buy a CPO from Tesla, mileage mostly doesn't matter (except that the 2 year warranty expires once the vehicle hits 100k miles. That's why their prices start to drop rapidly once a vehicle gets up around 60k miles or so). They do an extensive refurbishment process, so from what people say the vehicle is like-new.

Personally, I only drive about 10k miles a year - so I'm hoping to find a nice one with ~70k miles on it so the price has dropped a lot. :)

190 miles in the middle of a cold winter snap may be cutting it close especially if it's hilly.

Round trip is likely closer to 200, but we should be able to charge at level 2 or make our way to a super charger if required. Out of the way in either case, but should be good even if going against the wind. Not too hilly.

Round trip is likely closer to 200, but we should be able to charge at level 2 or make our way to a super charger if required. Out of the way in either case, but should be good even if going against the wind. Not too hilly.
Glad to see you have toned down the snarky comments.. This forum is here to help... AND MANAGE expectations, so you are lucky to find those that forgive your rants even after they were honestly trying to HELP you, and you went off on them. EV-CPO specifically showed you exactly what you were looking for with ACTUAL prices for them.

That being said, I too have three kids, and I have the rear facing seats. My 12 year old is way to big for the rear seats... the middle child 9 is almost too big, and the 5 year old fits just fine. However, when you use those seats... there is NO air vents back there, for heat or A/C for their comfort, if you search you will find some have implemented electric cooling fans to help at least move air across them. You loose all your cargo room, when they sit back there, much like a 3rd row in a standard SUV, trade off. There is a higher tendency to get car sick back there as well on longer trips, as apposed to normal seat...The RFS was a big deal for us at time of purchase, but we barely use it now, and I am more nervous than ever to use them after seeing several bad accidents... Anyway food for thought. good luck.

My 2 cents on 2 issues, fwiw.

1. I don't like the RFS from a safety perspective - I used to have them in a Volvo wagon and stopped using them after almost getting rear-ended. As with many safety-related issue, its personal risk tolerance.

2. Loss of range in the cold is significant, particularly if very cold (below 20 degrees). Plan on 50% of rated range -- getting stranded in rural OK on a 15 degree night doesn't sound like fun.

50% would be an issue, but there is a super charger down in OKC and one in Perry. As mentioned, neither are on the way, but if we adjusted the path and added/changed the route by about 15 miles or so, we could easily stop and charge.

If we could find a cheap MX, we’d go for that in a 7 seat. Predominantly, our kids would be in the normal rear seat. These RFC would be insurance for the next 6-9 years for when family visits. The roof topper I’d be adding for extra luggage storage would also destroy range, but we’ll float that fun when we get there ;)

Glad to see you have toned down the snarky comments.. This forum is here to help... AND MANAGE expectations, so you are lucky to find those that forgive your rants even after they were honestly trying to HELP you, and you went off on them. EV-CPO specifically showed you exactly what you were looking for with ACTUAL prices for them.

That being said, I too have three kids, and I have the rear facing seats. My 12 year old is way to big for the rear seats... the middle child 9 is almost too big, and the 5 year old fits just fine. However, when you use those seats... there is NO air vents back there, for heat or A/C for their comfort, if you search you will find some have implemented electric cooling fans to help at least move air across them. You loose all your cargo room, when they sit back there, much like a 3rd row in a standard SUV, trade off. There is a higher tendency to get car sick back there as well on longer trips, as apposed to normal seat...The RFS was a big deal for us at time of purchase, but we barely use it now, and I am more nervous than ever to use them after seeing several bad accidents... Anyway food for thought. good luck.

I second this. The RFS were a dealbreaker for me because we have 4 kids and wanted a second vehicle we could all fit in. They are great and incredibly helpful (no rearranging carseats, we csn take either car, dont have to plan which car goes where with who) i expected to use them more than we do and thought our S would take more of the family hauling role...but with limited cargo (not much room for stroller etc), the whining from it being too warm back there, kids getting dizzy, and the fear of being rear ended, we default to taking the minivan most places as a family and use the S with rear seats more for convenience. The no AC vents is a really big deal in summer.

That said, we did drive from Phoenix to LA and back with all 6 of us for a week vacation. Took some creative packing and electric battery fans, but we had a good time. I would not want our S with RFS as the primary family hauler though. Good luck in your search!