Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X announcement on Stephen Colbert?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Announcement? Heck, he should ride out onto the stage in an X, and hop out from the backseat via the Falcon door. And the camera should then zoom in and the audience discover there is no driver. It drove Elon out on its own.

That would be worth watching.

That would be great.

I think showing the X on Colbert just got a lot more likely.

Absolutely. They still might not want to attract too much attention before they figure out the production ramp.... I guess it depends on how comfortable they are with the current level of reservations.

So -

Looking at the calendar of the Model S reveal in relation to the first vehicles hitting the street...
and Elon's tweet about the 29th...
and the Steven Colbert appearance on the 9th...

...does speculation about a reveal or big announcement (AP) have any more weight? Sure would love to think so.

So -

Looking at the calendar of the Model S reveal in relation to the first vehicles hitting the street...
and Elon's tweet about the 29th...
and the Steven Colbert appearance on the 9th...

...does speculation about a reveal or big announcement (AP) have any more weight? Sure would love to think so.

Would seem to be counter to his "we're not going to show it before we deliver it to customers" statement, FWIW.

Hey I'm from Europe and is there a way we can live stream the show? It'll be around 6:35 am my time zone so ~ time I wake up for work. Could be worth checking out over breakfast as I wouldn't have time later in the day. I'd really appreciate some links.

Hey I'm from Europe and is there a way we can live stream the show? It'll be around 6:35 am my time zone so ~ time I wake up for work. Could be worth checking out over breakfast as I wouldn't have time later in the day. I'd really appreciate some links.

For outside the US, your best bet would be try to the Periscope app, larger events are usually streamed by someone.

If you sign up for the free week trial, you can stream live shows and I would think this would be one of them. Check it out:

Watch and Stream CBS Shows Live - CBS.com

Just watched Tivo'd first night of Colbert.

EMBARRASSINGLY BAD.

From pathetic product placements ... Oreo and Humus to badly scripted Clooney.

Obviously Colbert cannot deliver a show without resorting to these tactics. WOWOWOW.

And political rubbish!

But for tonight, where I hope Elon can rise above the detritus, I will never watch again; even worse than Letterman!

I recorded it and will watch prior to tonights episode, but here is the LA Times review of last night: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-st-late-show-with-stephen-colbert-review-20150908-column.html