Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X prices have gone up fast!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took a quick look at the configurator yesterday and wow the prices for a 75 X has gone up quite a bit. Also the interior options are now not as variable. ( i have black headliner and tan leather which is now gone)

Almost a 10k difference.

I'm happy i got my car when i did as i dont think i would have pulled the trigger at this price now.

i wonder if prices will keep going up...

Last edited:
Yup. I likely would have purchased a X60D, but instead went with the S60 due to the price jump of the X75D.

What's truly tragic for me is that the 60D was pulled as an option on the day I went in to test drive it. They still had some in inventory, but I wasn't ready to buy back then. I really hope they return to it or get the Y out in ~6 years.

What's truly tragic for me is that the 60D was pulled as an option on the day I went in to test drive it. They still had some in inventory, but I wasn't ready to buy back then. I really hope they return to it or get the Y out in ~6 years.
That's tough. I asked my Owner Advisor about it during my test drive, and he said that was a rough weekend. I guess it's better for me in the sense that I save money and am getting my car this year for taxes, since it would have been unlikely to receive a 5-Seat order this year as late as I ordered mine.

Similar thing happened to me. Had test driven the X about a week before they pulled the 60D. Was debating on options and just waiting to try to see the cloth seats in person before deciding on leather vs. cloth. By the time I saw the cloth later that weekend the 60D was pulled :( I was not prepared to pay another 10k for the 75D.

I kept browing tesla for inventory vehicles and also ev-cpo.com. Last week I was lucky enough to find a X60D w/ AP2.0 that was in transit to my local service center(so therefore no extra shipping charge) that had pretty much the same configuration I would have bought. I I pick up the car this weekend and I'm very excited! I guess I got very lucky, but the same could happen to you too. Just be diligent about constantly checking inventory vehicles. If I hadn't noticed it, I'm sure it would have been gone within an hour or two.

Similar thing happened to me. Had test driven the X about a week before they pulled the 60D. Was debating on options and just waiting to try to see the cloth seats in person before deciding on leather vs. cloth. By the time I saw the cloth later that weekend the 60D was pulled :( I was not prepared to pay another 10k for the 75D.

I kept browing tesla for inventory vehicles and also ev-cpo.com. Last week I was lucky enough to find a X60D w/ AP2.0 that was in transit to my local service center(so therefore no extra shipping charge) that had pretty much the same configuration I would have bought. I I pick up the car this weekend and I'm very excited! I guess I got very lucky, but the same could happen to you too. Just be diligent about constantly checking inventory vehicles. If I hadn't noticed it, I'm sure it would have been gone within an hour or two.
Congrats! The 60d is truely a bargain. The usable capacity is more than 60kWh.

I'm pretty sure getting a Y in 6 years won't be a problem - I'll be very surprised if they aren't in customer hands 3 years from now. We know they were developing them alongside the 3, and I think as soon as they have 3 production running smoothly they'll start building the Y.

Of course, that's unverified opinion from the internet, possibly worth what you paid for it on a really good day...

Nice! There was one X60D on ev-cpo.com that popped up a few days ago, but by the time I saw the post it was gone. Congrats!

So YOU're the one! I saw that pop up, and it was gone before i could even check it out! Grats, you'll have to upload us some pictures. :D

Of course, that's unverified opinion from the internet, possibly worth what you paid for it on a really good day...

I'm expecting that Y in my grubby mitts within 6 years on the dot, or I'm coming after you with a pitchfork. :p

So YOU're the one! I saw that pop up, and it was gone before i could even check it out! Grats, you'll have to upload us some pictures. :D:p

Yep, I'm the one! I do consider myself very lucky. I saw it on ev-cpo around 9am EST. Called my wife to discuss and she gave the ok. Wanted to find out where it was before ordering to know what the transfer fee was so I submitted the "request a callback" link. Also texted the OA that I had been working with. Luckily for me the store manager got the "request callback" link and called me in about an hour, and luckily the car was in my region so $0 transfer fee. My OA didn't respond to my text for several hours, I think if I had waited for him the car likely would have been gone.

Side note, the inventory car originally had FSD. However, they were able to remove that option and save me $3k. Said they could only do that because the car was brand new and didn't have any real miles on it.

Reactions: MIT_S60
Not having to pay that $1200 delivery fee is pretty nice!

Side note, the inventory car originally had FSD. However, they were able to remove that option and save me $3k. Said they could only do that because the car was brand new and didn't have any real miles on it.

Really... I asked about that exact situation of removing FSD on inventory vehicles so I could just have AP2.0 equipment and was told by my OA that's not an option. She said that while it's doable, the operations center doesn't want to as it opens a can of worms. That seems a little ridiculous to me.

How did you go about having that request acknowledged and done? Escalated the process until you found someone willing to?

I was within days of ordering an X60D when they pulled the plug. Now, just keeping the S and pressing my Touareg back into duty for SUV needs. I get the production streamlining, but I'm not a fan of making desirable EVs less accessible.

Not having to pay that $1200 delivery fee is pretty nice!

How did you go about having that request acknowledged and done? Escalated the process until you found someone willing to?

I still had to pay the $1200 destination/doc fee, everyone does. I'm just saying I didn't have to pay an additional $2k transportation fee because the inventory car was in the local area. If the car was somewhere else then I would have had to pay that $2k extra to get it delivered to my region.

Regarding the vehicle conversion from FSD - > only EAP I just asked the store manager when I was on the phone with him and he said it was no problem to do it as long as the vehicle had <50 miles which this one did. No idea if he made an exception for me because he knew I had been working with Tesla for a while trying to (unsuccessfully) find a vehicle that met my needs and price point. But I didn't get the impression that my request was something way out of the norm.