Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a software estimate that could also reflect capacity. Sorry for the ambiguity. The likelihood, however, is that it's just the software estimate. That's what people have seen with the Model S. You can do a pack "rebalance" to get the estimate more reasonable, but since that doesn't change your actual capacity, I don't see a reason to go through the process.

Thanks. I kind of figured it was that way since the 100% charge range didn't change. Outside of debug or ETM, is there a way to look at current battery charge capacity rather than calculated range? Is that what "ideal range" is supposed to be?

Was getting 231, with the occasional 232. Now seeing 228... I'm wondering if it's temperature related as the little bit of discrepancy seemed to come on with our recent heat wave and hotter garage at night. Going to charge early tomorrow with doors open before it gets hot and see what happens. Still says this is rated mileage, but could it be it's also factoring our driving history into the mix?

I have owned my X less than 48 hours so am still on a steep learning curve. I only see a slider for setting the charge limit. How do people accurately set the charge limit 90% 85%? Seems like a bit of guessing to me or am I missing something?
There are tick marks. The very last tick mark (before "Trip") is 90%. The other tick marks going down are 80, 70, 60, and the last is 50%.

I just switched back to having it show miles instead of %age. Not sure why they wouldn't show you both.(grumble)
My 90% is 237mi which comes to 263 1/3 at 100% or about 2.5% more than EPA 257.
My commute to work is about 10 miles with a stop at the 1 mile mark to drop kids off but it's directly on my route.
My house is 245m MSL and my office is 147m MSL for a drop of 98m/322ft.
I get close to 250Wh/mi on my commute which is about 1/3 driving at 70mph and 2/3 bumper to bumper at 10-45mph.
Here's my stats for the commute this morning:
IMG_1622.jpg

Reactions: goneskiian
I just switched back to having it show miles instead of %age. Not sure why they wouldn't show you both.(grumble)
My 90% is 237mi which comes to 263 1/3 at 100% or about 2.5% more than EPA 257.
My commute to work is about 10 miles with a stop at the 1 mile mark to drop kids off but it's directly on my route.
My house is 245m MSL and my office is 147m MSL for a drop of 98m/322ft.
I get close to 250Wh/mi on my commute which is about 1/3 driving at 70mph and 2/3 bumper to bumper at 10-45mph.
Here's my stats for the commute this morning:
View attachment 183251
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping mine increases with a future decrease in leadfootedness. Not sure that's coming anytime soon though! SSSOOOOO MUCH FUN! :cool::p;)

Reactions: mlouie23