Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received delivery of the Tesla X 75D 3 weeks back & have set the charge limit to 90% but am only getting 300km max typical range. I feel it is a bit less. Is this normal? I called Tesla & they said the car is giving the range based on driving habits & it will change with more data. Anyone else getting similar range of 300km for Tesla X 75D? I need to charge every 3 days :(

I received delivery of the Tesla X 75D 3 weeks back & have set the charge limit to 90% but am only getting 300km max typical range. I feel it is a bit less. Is this normal? I called Tesla & they said the car is giving the range based on driving habits & it will change with more data. Anyone else getting similar range of 300km for Tesla X 75D? I need to charge every 3 days :(

I also took delivery a couple of days ago and im seeing the same number unfortunately. I'm charging every day though as they recommend

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but where are you all getting these numbers from and how do you know what 90% charged is? I don't seem to remember a setting where you can select the charge percentage. Only a slider where you can select where to stop charging. Are you figuring out the 90% from this? Also, where are you getting the mileage information from? The charging screen after the charging is complete? I wanted to compare my car with what other people are posting but I'm not quite sure what to compare.

Thanks.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but where are you all getting these numbers from and how do you know what 90% charged is? I don't seem to remember a setting where you can select the charge percentage. Only a slider where you can select where to stop charging. Are you figuring out the 90% from this? Also, where are you getting the mileage information from? The charging screen after the charging is complete? I wanted to compare my car with what other people are posting but I'm not quite sure what to compare.

Thanks.

90% is where the slider snaps to at the daily level. For most accurate read make sure you have it set to rated, not ideal, miles and read right when charging completes (avoid vampire drain).

• Helpful
Reactions: Yinn and ohmman
90% is where the slider snaps to at the daily level. For most accurate read make sure you have it set to rated, not ideal, miles and read right when charging completes (avoid vampire drain).
Also, if push notifications are enabled on your phone, the "charge completed" message will show the mileage at the exact time it's done.

Reactions: McManX

Also, every indicated mark is an additional 10%. So the daily recommended range is between 50% and 90%. If you want to estimate your 100% without having to actually charge to 100%, it does tend to scale. Just take your rated miles on the screen and divide by the percentage you're charging at. (ie. 210 mi @ 90% = 210/.90 = 233mi@100%)

Thank you. Clears up a whole lot. What I initially suspected was correct, it was just that my settings were on ideal so the numbers seemed way to high to me. Now that I have switched to rated, I'm getting 223-224 which is in line to what others posted for my P90D.

Reactions: McManX
Can anyone explain why the difference between a 75D and the 90D @ 90% soc in het US seems to be approx 18mi or 30km versus the EU where this difference is much larger with 35mi or 55km.

From this topic and other replies in EU threads I'm seeing:

US 75D @90%: 210mi / 336km
US 90D @90%: 228mi / 365km

vs

EU 75D @90%: 185mi / 296km
EU 90D @90%: 221mi / 355km

I know the range between US and EU differs because of the consumption calculation but this doesn't explain why the gap between 75D and 90D is smaller in the US.

X 90D, 1/16/2017 delivery

After delivery: 90% 234mi / 100% 260mi

After 9,272mi: 90% 232mi / 100% 258mi

It's interesting to see you guys in warmer climates maintain the higher numbers. We haven't been that cold but at 7000mi here our 90% is down to 227, officially below the 257 100% now at 253-254 usually. Will repost after few months of hot weather say next August :)

• Informative
Reactions: Helmuth