Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X90D confirmed order. Who wants to takeover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
l Placed my order Dec 7th 2016, VIN issued Dec 10th. (HF034XXX). After several weeks of being conflicted over the 90D order and weighing up all of the pros and cons, I've decide that the model X is not going to suit my personal circumstances right now.

Mailed the DS, he has been super helpful advising l can delay order for 3 months etc, but l've personally made up my mind.
l thought to cancel order now, but also didn't want to lose my $2500, and knowing that that there might be someone interested in taking this order on (especially with the FSC attached), l thought l'd put it out there. I'm based in Portland, Oregon.

Providing it's a straight-foward change of name/details in system, (has anyone done this?) Is anyone interested?

X 90D
Metallic Obs Black paint
20" wheels
Ultra white 6 seats w/ carbon fibre trim upgrade
AP2
Winter package
Tow package
FREE SUPERCHARGING.

Full spec attached also! let me know. Would appreciate any advise on doing this.
Chris

Attachments

• MyTeslaDesign_01-29-2017.pdf
    192.5 KB · Views: 105
Historically, Tesla has not allowed transfers. However, there is one work around if you trust the other party, and that is to complete the transaction and title the car in both names, and then after the fact re-title to drop one name. Only one person can claim the tax credits.

Last edited:
I'm very interested. Live in Hawaii (Honolulu) and need one asap. Unable to find anything here. I'm not sure how an out of state delivery could be done, especially to Honolulu.
Any ideas. Check with Tesla as I will. Again need is very soon. We are snow birds leaving in April so I don't want to order one and have it delivered here about the time we would return to NY for rest of spring and summer.
Also, need to know how to communicate without using Forum.

I'm very interested. Live in Hawaii (Honolulu) and need one asap. Unable to find anything here. I'm not sure how an out of state delivery could be done, especially to Honolulu.
Any ideas. Check with Tesla as I will. Again need is very soon. We are snow birds leaving in April so I don't want to order one and have it delivered here about the time we would return to NY for rest of spring and summer.
Also, need to know how to communicate without using Forum.

Delivery is Mid Feb- Early March....
There's a 'Start a conversation' Tab somewhere in your profile section!

So There is a work around....
Heard from DS today. You can't technically 'transfer' ownership but you can do the following:

"change the registration and payment information to be in someone else’s name. Essentially, while the reservation is yours, the car can actually be purchased by someone else."

Isn't this technically a transfer??
Don't get why Tesla over complicates things o_O

Heard from DS today. You can't technically 'transfer' ownership but you can do the following:

"change the registration and payment information to be in someone else’s name. Essentially, while the reservation is yours, the car can actually be purchased by someone else."

It was presumed that Tesla has this policy in place to discourage "scalpers" putting money down on reservations and selling them for profit.

• Informative
Reactions: BluestarE3

Only problem is uploading registration information - DL, insurance, etc. to someone else's Tesla account..
Still a transfer though...silly.