TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Xpel paint protection/Opticoat

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by justg0, Dec 11, 2016.

?

What kind of wrap are you getting for your car?

1. Xpel or similar

2. Opticoat or similar

3. Both

4. None

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HermanC

HermanC Supporting Member

Can you tell me what you paid for these two services?

2. joebiker25

joebiker25 Member

I paid $4300 that also included interior coating, glass coating and Alloy Gators to protect the wheels.

3. croman

croman Active Member

Yes, coat over XPEL. Talk to a professional detailer if you want to learn why but XPEL is meant to be coated. I did not get Opticoat but instead got a competing product and I really like the results. Opticoat is the best all around coating but CQuartz gives the tightest best beading and gloss. It does not last as long as Opticoat but I believe since I keep my vehicle in a garage it will help maintain the coating. Remember guys, coating is basically just a permanent wax, it does nothing to protect the paint from more than very minor abrasions. Only XPEL or another wrap will actually keep the paint protected (and even then it is a wrap and not actual armor).

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

Thanks for that info