Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Ultimate wrap cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my Sig X wrapped in Allentown PA. All painted exterior surfaces with XPEL Ultimate. I did not get the seat backs done. Cost was $4,717, but he said his XPEL contact told him the retail price should have been $6,500. He told me he couldn't charge that in our area so he discounts. Despite the discount he doesn't cut any corners. All edges are wrapped so you can't see any lines. I also had my X paint corrected and after the XPEL, the car coated with CQuartz and interior detailing (white seats cleaned and coated with a protectant as well) for an additional $1,611. My X looks great. The Sig Red color really pops now. So it all depends on location and the dealer. Try to get recommendations from existing customers. My guy had done a Tesla Model S before so he was familiar with Teslas and I had at least one Tesla owner recommend the guy.

Can you tell me who you used??? Want a trust worthy dealer. TIA

I was just quoted $6500 plus tax for a complete bumper to bumper wrap of my MX, which includes seat backs and headlamps. Is this a good price for the Nashville metro area, or any area, really? I'm pumped about getting my MX in a couple weeks, and it's going to be a bit of a show piece for my business, so I want protection but don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks!
Hey Debaser. Where in Nashville did you take your X to gt wrapped? I get mine in a couple weeks and I want to get it wrapped.

I decided to just get the front covered in XPEL. I think it's a reasonable compromise. The new front fascia is somewhat blunt and would have been a direct target for stone chips - particularly if you drive on the Interstates or Turnpikes a lot. The front nose would be sandblasted by small stones very quickly.

I'm getting the front bumper, hood, and seat backs Xpel'd. I debated about the front coverage, and decided against the mirrors and front fenders, primarily because the additional cost vs. potential protection wasn't worth it, considering I may only be keeping my X for 2 or 3 years. Total cost should be approx. $1800.

decided against the mirrors and front fenders, primarily because the additional cost vs. potential protection wasn't worth it, .
I got a full body wrap including the back of the seats.
Front fenders and the mirrors get most bugs and insects which get stuck and require quite a clean up effort. Will Xpel I find it not only provides protection it is very easy to clean off all the bug mess and more.

I had my S wrapped by this guy, his name is Peter (562)8108468. He is mobile and came to my house, very reasonable and convenient, because I hate to leave my car in the shop for a week. I only wanted a good installer that is mobile.

He will be doing my X, and I will be doing full front for now.

When it comes to xpel, I see there are 2 methods, one is using a pre-cut template, which cost the installer more, but a much more precise fit and cutting is not required on the car. The other method is using an xpel sheet apply to the car and the installer would have to trim the film on the car, I dont like this method because they can damage your car, also, material is cheaper for the installer.

when you are looking a qoute, make sure you are considering if the installer is using a pre-cut template or not.

Last edited:
I decided to just get the front covered in XPEL. I think it's a reasonable compromise. The new front fascia is somewhat blunt and would have been a direct target for stone chips - particularly if you drive on the Interstates or Turnpikes a lot. The front nose would be sandblasted by small stones very quickly.
Hey James,
Are you saying just the front bumper? That's what I'm thinking bout doing. I got a quote of $450 for that. What about you?

I had a full xpel ultimate wrap done on my new model x about 6 months ago
Yesterday the car had an argument with my garage door The lower fwd had about 1 or 1 1/2 square feet scratches along with white and black paint ground into it I thought I was into a very expense repaint A day later after a restless night I thought about the xpel Peeled it back The paint underneath is perfect Unfortunately I did not take pictures before I peeled back the xpel It certainly justified the expense of getting the wrap

Last edited:
Hi madodel,

What's the name of this place you got your xpel wrap from? How long did you have to leave the car there for? I'm looking to get full xpel stealth wrap and looking for a place that wrap edges as well. Thanks for any info you have!

www.rockguardfilm.com

Rock Guard Film
6801 W. Tilghman Street Unit #105
Allentown, PA 18106

It will be a year in May. Still looks good. Yes he wraps the edges. They had my X while I was away for a week so I was in no hurry, but as I recall he said the full wrap would take a couple days but extra time if you need paint correction and ceramic coating. I was very happy with CJ's work and I would definitely recommend his service.