Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Ultimate wrap cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After seeing all these amazing rides, I want to get Xpel Stealth wrap too. But I intend to lease. Can you do a wrap if you lease? What happens upon return? I have no experience with wrapping, so please excuse the noobie question.

You peel it off before you return it. You can do it yourself or pay the shop to remove it for you.

When you peel it off, you'll have to deal with residual residue from the glue, so it might be best to just have the shop do it for you.

• Informative
Reactions: WINGIT and boaterva
No one is making you do it. You might as well say that we are crazy for buying a Tesla when you can get a Corolla for $15k. They both get you to where you are trying to go.

I got the Xpel because it also makes the car much more scratch resistant, which is obvious if you look at some of the photos of the car in the forums. If you had some kind of collectors item that was worth over $100k I'm sure a lot of people would do what they can to protect it. I also did it for the ease of maintenance.

I see both of your points LOL, but regarding collectibles heheh www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9BFoixJdZM

I'm in Atl also...used Murad with clearfilm. He uses the new Suntek Ultra which has the new 10 year warranty as well. I'd say the installer matters the more than the ppf so take caution as I've had a bad ppf job from a different guy.

Hi. Im ordering a Model X and taking delivery in Atlanta. I am looking for installers in Atlanta to get some quotes. Are you still happy with the work you got done and can you provide more info on your installer? Thanks

Hi. Im ordering a Model X and taking delivery in Atlanta. I am looking for installers in Atlanta to get some quotes. Are you still happy with the work you got done and can you provide more info on your installer? Thanks

Congratulations on the Model X order! We have a couple installers in the Atlanta area that can help get your Tesla protected with paint protection. You can see a list of them here - XPEL in Atlanta. The hardest part is picking an installer so you'll want to check a couple of them. Go to their shop and see their work first hand. Not only will this let you gauge their workmanship, but also their customer service quality.

Once an installer is chosen, you'll want to decide on coverage. Typically on a Model X we recommend doing the full front end (full front fenders, full hood, front bumper, side mirrors, and headlights.) Other popular areas are the seat backs as they can come painted.

Here is a video of XPEL ULTIMATE being installed on a Model X that will give you a better idea of the installation process. - XPEL Model X Install.

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can answer any other questions.

I'm getting the front bumper, hood, and seat backs Xpel'd. I debated about the front coverage, and decided against the mirrors and front fenders, primarily because the additional cost vs. potential protection wasn't worth it, considering I may only be keeping my X for 2 or 3 years. Total cost should be approx. $1800.
Hi can I ask why you'd only keep it only for a few years?

In Chicago I paid $6400 for Xpel and window tinting. It was only a couple hundred for the tinting. I got a couple quotes and most were a few hundred less, but I went with a place that does a ton of the wraps. They also wrapped the edges where possible, and pulled off the emblems and got new ones from Tesla to put back on. That way they didn't cut around them.

This was for a Model S.
In Chicago area too. Can I ask you which shop you went to? Planning on getting it done on my MS and my wife's M3. Thanks

I had my S wrapped by this guy, his name is Peter (562)8108468. He is mobile and came to my house, very reasonable and convenient, because I hate to leave my car in the shop for a week. I only wanted a good installer that is mobile.

He will be doing my X, and I will be doing full front for now.

When it comes to xpel, I see there are 2 methods, one is using a pre-cut template, which cost the installer more, but a much more precise fit and cutting is not required on the car. The other method is using an xpel sheet apply to the car and the installer would have to trim the film on the car, I dont like this method because they can damage your car, also, material is cheaper for the installer.

when you are looking a qoute, make sure you are considering if the installer is using a pre-cut template or not.

Hey Dark, how much did Peter charge you for his work? I'm in the socal area (irvine) and 562 area code seems to be cali based

I had my S wrapped by this guy, his name is Peter (562)8108468. He is mobile and came to my house, very reasonable and convenient, because I hate to leave my car in the shop for a week. I only wanted a good installer that is mobile.

He will be doing my X, and I will be doing full front for now.

When it comes to xpel, I see there are 2 methods, one is using a pre-cut template, which cost the installer more, but a much more precise fit and cutting is not required on the car. The other method is using an xpel sheet apply to the car and the installer would have to trim the film on the car, I dont like this method because they can damage your car, also, material is cheaper for the installer.

when you are looking a qoute, make sure you are considering if the installer is using a pre-cut template or not.

Hey Dark, do you know if Peter used a pre-cut template for your wrap? My fear in using these "mobile" guys is that although convenient that they come to your house, it's hard to verify what product they are actually using. Like i mean they can tell you it's Xpel Ultimate but then might be using some inferior cheaper version and how would one know?

Hey Dark, do you know if Peter used a pre-cut template for your wrap? My fear in using these "mobile" guys is that although convenient that they come to your house, it's hard to verify what product they are actually using. Like i mean they can tell you it's Xpel Ultimate but then might be using some inferior cheaper version and how would one know?
JT
Peter can use both pre-cut and custom. For my Model 3 it was pretty much all custom except for Rockers. As far as knowing what brand they are truly using. you have to ask or trust. I trust Peter and I when he installed he would show me the Expel backing paper. It looked legit to me.
Fair question though

JT
Peter can use both pre-cut and custom. For my Model 3 it was pretty much all custom except for Rockers. As far as knowing what brand they are truly using. you have to ask or trust. I trust Peter and I when he installed he would show me the Expel backing paper. It looked legit to me.
Fair question though

thanks Dark. im in the Irvine area and reached out to Peter and waiting to hear back from him