Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y with 21 inch 7k miles and rear tires almost worn out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not surprised to see this at all. Especially how fun it must be to mash the pedal on the Perf model (I have the non-perf). The 21" tires are probably rated to last ~ 20k miles - if you are careful. Going to 20" all-season is a smart move. The ride comfort will be enhanced while noise level will go down. Those 20" Induction wheels are going to become very scarce in the pre-owned market. :D

Reactions: beezy
How expensive are the 20 inch to buy from Tesla with tires?
Seeing how the OEM 21" wheels are $700-800 per wheel, Tesla will easily charge $500 a wheel plus the cost of the tire. And the crappy thing is, for that much money, there are much better aftermarket choices out there.

Flow-formed/forged wheels are about $400-500 a wheel. They are much lighter than that of their OEM counter part by at least 10lbs which will help with range too. Lighter wheel = less unsprung mass for the motor to turn hence using less energy. I think Tsportline just came out with a new 20" wheel that resembles the Uberturbines.

With that said, I would just carry a puncture fix kit in the car for roadside troubles. As long as you don't mess with the TPMS, any tire shop will be able to service wheels/tires.

Michelin is supposed to be releasing an all season pilot in the 21" but I don't know if its made it to stores yet.

That sounds interesting that could give the higher mileage

If that is the case i may just replace the rears in about 2k miles as they will be shot..fronts look very good still.
That would get me going for another 8+k miles for only 2 tires... then go to the all season when they release them...

I assume the all season will have a substantially higher tread wear rating

That sounds interesting that could give the higher mileage

If that is the case i may just replace the rears in about 2k miles as they will be shot..fronts look very good still.
That would get me going for another 8+k miles for only 2 tires... then go to the all season when they release them...

I assume the all season will have a substantially higher tread wear rating

The Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 is already released for the rears and I read the front tires are on the way. I believe they are already on the Michelin Canada site so they can’t be too far out.

The Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 is already released for the rears and I read the front tires are on the way. I believe they are already on the Michelin Canada site so they can’t be too far out.

I assume there would be no dramatic ride change with these? I drive normal every day..sometimes hit the acceleration hard but not going on any track or crazy screaming curve/turns.....

yokohoma ADVAN Sport A/S+
265 /35 R21 101Y XL BSW
and 245 for the front
that will save you$$ 1k 4 tires thats the only option in 21"

Has anyone actually tried these yet on the y Performance? Would love some review/opinions...

Overall would like to have tires that can pull 15k at least on wear and maybe slightly softer ride (make my wife happy)

I assume there would be no dramatic ride change with these? I drive normal every day..sometimes hit the acceleration hard but not going on any track or crazy screaming curve/turns.....

I don’t have any experience with the tires but the sidewall is going to be stiff on any tire with a 35 ratio. I wouldn’t expect a great gain in ride comfort with any 35/21. They should wear much better than the P-Zeros but I can’t say that for sure.