Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow Screen border, poor quality & workmanship, and poor customer service -- Arbitration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And EVERY SINGLE EV AUDI AND PORSCHE SOLD GIVES THEM MORE CREDITS TO SELL that many more GHG-DUMPING ICE AUDI AND PORSCHE cars and SUV's.

Yeah, that's smart . . . not.

News | Greenland, Antarctica Melting Six Times Faster Than in the 1990s

MARCH 16, 2020
Greenland, Antarctica Melting Six Times Faster Than in the 1990s
In that case Tesla themselves don’t care about the environment since they sell credits to ice manufacturers who are then able to produce and sell gas guzzlers.

In that case Tesla themselves don’t care about the environment since they sell credits to ice manufacturers who are then able to produce and sell gas guzzlers.

Goodness, so much vitriol on the internet this morning.

I'd much prefer to punish manufacturers of ICE vehicles by having them pay an EV competitor (Tesla) to grow even faster, building more factories, expand their product line up, etc.

What would you Tesla do? Close up shop and put all their employees up in yurts?

Please.

• Disagree
Reactions: play150 and AMPd
Goodness, so much vitriol on the internet this morning.

I'd much prefer to punish manufacturers of ICE vehicles by having them pay an EV competitor (Tesla) to grow even faster, building more factories, expand their product line up, etc.

What would you Tesla do? Close up shop and put all their employees up in yurts?

Please.
That’s a good question and I really think we should discuss it further. Over some steak at Harris ranch, I’m free anytime bud.

That’s a good question and I really think we should discuss it further. Over some steak at Harris ranch, I’m free anytime bud.

Always impressive to see just how erudite and intelligent some posters on the TMC Forums can be . . . when faced with uncomfortable facts that challenge their worldview, some here reflect the truth in the oft-heard statement, "Some people never actually graduate from high school."

Reactions: play150

Recommend you become better aware of the facts; just because you don't like them, or cannot accept them, does not make them any less true:

COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

"Livestock's Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome 2006

Transportation exhaust is responsible for 13% of all greenhouse gas emissions. [.i]

Greenhouse gas emissions from this sector primarily involve fossil fuels burned for road, rail, air, and marine transportation.

"Livestock's Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome 2006

Environmental Protection Agency. "Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data".

Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.

Goodland, R Anhang, J. “Livestock and Climate Change: What if the key actors in climate change were pigs, chickens and cows?”

Goodland, Robert & Anhang, Jeff. "Livestock and Climate Change: What if the key actors in climate change are...cows, pigs and chickens?". WorldWatch. November/December 2009

Hickman, Martin. "Study claims meat creates half of all greenhouse gases". Independent. November 2009

Hyner, Christopher. "A Leading Cause of Everything: One Industry That Is Destroying Our Planet and Our Ability to Thrive on It". Georgetown Environmental Law Review. October 23, 2015. (New)

Methane is 25-100 times more destructive than CO2 on a 20 year time frame.

Shindell, Drew T, et al. "Improved Attribution of Climate Forcing to Emissions". Science. 326, 716 (2009)

Vaidyanathan, Sayathri. "How Bad of a Greenhouse Gas is Methane? The global warming potential of the gaseous fossil fuel may be consistently underestimated". Scientific American. December 22, 2015.

Methane has a global warming potential 86 times that of CO2 on a 20 year time frame.

Shindell, Drew T, et al. "Improved Attribution of Climate Forcing to Emissions". Science. 326, 716 (2009)

Livestock is responsible for 65% of all human-related emissions of nitrous oxide – a greenhouse gas with 296 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide, and which stays in the atmosphere for 150 years.

"Livestock' Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". FAO. Rome. 2006

"Emissions of Greenhouse Gases in the United States". U.S. Energy Information Administration. March 31, 2011

Reactions: play150
Recommend you become better aware of the facts; just because you don't like them, or cannot accept them, does not make them any less true:

COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

Transportation exhaust is responsible for 13% of all greenhouse gas emissions. [.i]

Greenhouse gas emissions from this sector primarily involve fossil fuels burned for road, rail, air, and marine transportation.

Environmental Protection Agency. "Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data".

Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.

Goodland, R Anhang, J. “Livestock and Climate Change: What if the key actors in climate change were pigs, chickens and cows?”

Goodland, Robert & Anhang, Jeff. "Livestock and Climate Change: What if the key actors in climate change are...cows, pigs and chickens?". WorldWatch. November/December 2009

Hickman, Martin. "Study claims meat creates half of all greenhouse gases". Independent. November 2009

Hyner, Christopher. "A Leading Cause of Everything: One Industry That Is Destroying Our Planet and Our Ability to Thrive on It". Georgetown Environmental Law Review. October 23, 2015. (New)

Methane is 25-100 times more destructive than CO2 on a 20 year time frame.

Vaidyanathan, Sayathri. "How Bad of a Greenhouse Gas is Methane? The global warming potential of the gaseous fossil fuel may be consistently underestimated". Scientific American. December 22, 2015.

Methane has a global warming potential 86 times that of CO2 on a 20 year time frame.

Livestock is responsible for 65% of all human-related emissions of nitrous oxide – a greenhouse gas with 296 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide, and which stays in the atmosphere for 150 years.

"Livestock' Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". FAO. Rome. 2006

"Emissions of Greenhouse Gases in the United States". U.S. Energy Information Administration. March 31, 2011
All this over a dinner invite?

you know you could have just said no.

I think for any prospective Tesla shopper, coming here first to at least get some idea of what "may" happen or be encountered is more helpful, because reading the OP's comment a lot of what Tesla stated is true i.e "...he yellow screen could be "healed" at some future date, "free of charge for the first attempt, through a "goodwill" something or other. They even admitted, after it was leaked, that the yellow screen was due to a defective glue curing process they used during manufacturing"

True, they have a machine and from all indications it does work to fix the yellowing issue, the problem is it seems there are only a limited amount available and the waiting list is long.

People that are shopping for an $80-100k vehicle probably came from Benz, BMW, Lexus, Audi or Porsche and overall their customer service at least appears superior, not to mention you can always get a voice on the phone. This is why you see a lot of posts like this, because the expectation for the money should be similar, when in reality it seems you are more so paying for the tech and ' Tesla experience'.

I have called a number of times and have spoken with support in California when I had some questions regarding regen. I personnally found them very nice. I believe that I have called 3 times and each time I can honestly state that I was please with the response. I had a small issue at delivery with no only did they fix, but they gave me a key fob for my inconvenience. I cannot speak for others, this is just my experience.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot