Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yes, today received VIN for 2023 MY LR 7 seat (Fremont) MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how Tesla decides which factory builds your car? I'm from Texas and my MYLR I'll be taking delivery on in a few weeks was built at Fremont. I've seen at least one post here from a person who lives in CA, ordered the MYLR around the same time I did but their car was built at the Austin Factory. Just wondering cause it doesn't make sense.

Does anyone know how Tesla decides which factory builds your car? I'm from Texas and my MYLR I'll be taking delivery on in a few weeks was built at Fremont. I've seen at least one post here from a person who lives in CA, ordered the MYLR around the same time I did but their car was built at the Austin Factory. Just wondering cause it doesn't make sense.
Unclear to me what their methodology is.
I live in Idaho, and my 2023 Model Y (LR/AWD) came out of Austin.

If you ordered white interior, or 7 seat version or performance only Fremont currently builds those.

I received my 2023 MYLR-5 VIN, built at Fremont. I live in TX and was hoping to get a Austin built w/4680. Got a msg saying I'll b getting Tesla Vision added/removing USS.
There is no MYLR with 4680 (Austin or Fremont).

There is a MYAWD with 4680 but you need to find one in inventory (randomly show up) or get an offer from Tesla (not sure they are even doing this anymore).

They aren't making 7 seaters in Austin. And my understanding is that due to backward pro dealership laws in Texas that outlaw direct manufacturer sales of cars, Tesla has to ship their cars outside of Texas even if they want to deliver them to in state customers. So the fact that you live in Texas does not make selling the car to you any easier from Austin.

Reading this forum almost every day. Booked MYLR MSM, B/W, and put the order on hold in early December. Took hold off on Dec 6th. EDD Dec 12 to Dec 31, after that, the date changes every day. Today got vin assigned and EDD from Dec 21st to Dec 31st and a few minutes later received another text with a delivery schedule between Dec 18th to Dec 20th before I decided which day, another text came in Tesla automatically assign me Tuesday 20th for scheduled delivery. Now I am picking MYLR. Tesla does move fast :)

Reading this forum almost every day. Booked MYLR MSM, B/W, and put the order on hold in early December. Took hold off on Dec 6th. EDD Dec 12 to Dec 31, after that, the date changes every day. Today got vin assigned and EDD from Dec 21st to Dec 31st and a few minutes later received another text with a delivery schedule between Dec 18th to Dec 20th before I decided which day, another text came in Tesla automatically assign me Tuesday 20th for scheduled delivery. Now I am picking MYLR. Tesla does move fast :)
Enjoy that $3,750 and FREE Supercharger miles!