Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model S Sequence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Europe only has 270 in the P series.
I wonder how few of the European Signature 1,000 have been reserved.
Not many I guess, but keep in mind noone in Europe has seen more than a picture of the Model S. And for us here in Norway there are no proper dealers or anything else to drum up activity. That might be changing, but currently there hasn't been much work to gather sales yet.

Cobos

That's not strictly true - I've seen the white prototype in person, as have many other people at Frankfurt.

However the lack of European pricing is a definite problem.
Of course that was true... still that was the white model without any interior which was also why I decided not to go down to Frankfurt. I would really like to take a look at the interior and sit in the Model S :) And we've got a company here in Norway working on selling the Roadster so Tesla is getting a bit more exposure here now.

Cobos

I think you also have to take into account that Tesla is an American company, so response in the home market will be better that in other markets.

I've seen the Tesla roadster in some European car tv-shows and there have been articles in car magazines, but otherwise there hasn't been publicity like there has been in the US. (Tesla @ Letterman show, Roadtrip to Detroit etc.)

I guess there is work to be done, but I think it's logical that Tesla focuses on the home market first.

The 300-mile and AWD version may not be available for some time (2013, 2014?). Based on what has been published the primary focus will be on the 160-mile base and 230-mile versions along with tons of options :biggrin:

The 300-mile and AWD version may not be available for some time (2013, 2014?). Based on what has been published the primary focus will be on the 160-mile base and 230-mile versions along with tons of options :biggrin:

In the IPO filings the Model S 160, 230-mile, non AWD versions were not coming to market until 2013. Elon needs to secure outsourcing contracts and production/supply chain objectives.:mad: Source:Yahoo Finance

In the IPO filings the Model S 160, 230-mile, non AWD versions were not coming to market until 2013. Elon needs to secure outsourcing contracts and production/supply chain objectives.:mad: Source:Yahoo Finance
Link please?
I would expect the 160 mile, RWD model to be the first one, since that is bound to be the most popular and is the base model. It would be interesting if Tesla is first going to make 300 mile AWD model (as you say).

In the IPO filings the Model S 160, 230-mile, non AWD versions were not coming to market until 2013.

Are you sure this wasn't part of the worst-case scenario aside from the Model S not being released? Since the IPO has occurred Tesla can now buy NUMMI from Toyota and continue to march towards a late-2011, early-2012 release date for the Model S.

Panasonic has been producing 3.1Ah cells, which I believe will be used in the Model S, since April. I believe those cells are the ones needed for the 300-mile pack, although I could be mistaken.

See here: Panasonic's New Lithium-Ion Battery Plant to Start Mass Production Next Month.

Panasonic has been producing 3.1Ah cells, which I believe will be used in the Model S, since April. I believe those cells are the ones needed for the 300-mile pack, although I could be mistaken.
[/url].

The battery technology will likely improve another 10% to 15% by the time the Model S actually goes into production. The lithium battery annual cost/performance improvement has been about 8% per year for the past few years.

The battery technology will likely improve another 10% to 15% by the time the Model S actually goes into production. The lithium battery annual cost/performance improvement has been about 8% per year for the past few years.

but as others have pointed out -- they'll likely have to lock in a battery/chemistry well before then.

Are they now saying the 300 mile pack will be available on launch? A few months ago when they were sticking to their fall 2011 launch date, I was told it probably wouldn't happen. Now that Signature series cars probably won't happen until summer 2012, maybe the 300 mile pack will be an option.

Does anyone know how many R reservations there are? From what I understand, the cars will be delivered to Sig, then R, then P.

I too am curious as to how many "R" reservations there are. IIRC, current Roadster owners have ~5 "R" spots they can use and/or give to others. As for the "Sig, then R, then P" order, unless things have changed, that's correct.