TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Your thoughts on Pearl White

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by shah007, Apr 10, 2016.

1. shah007

shah007 Member

I have until tomorrow night to make changes to my Model S and am leaning towards getting the Pearl White.

However, I read on a few threads that Pearl White looks a bit yellowish at times. How you noticed that? Can you please share your perspective on that.

2. tezzla

tezzla Member

My last two Teslas have had the pearl white, my current one is 15 months old; I've never noticed a yellowish tint. It's always looked fabulous! I've always had the car hand washed, and I (well, someone else) wax it about every three months.

• Love x 1
  3. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

I love pearl white.

• Love x 1
  4. shah007

shah007 Member

Thank you tezzla and eye.surgeon.

Then another thought was the Black Obsidian. But I am concerned about the scratches/dirt that would show on it.

5. BertL

BertL Active Member

I have Pearl White on my MS and am very happy with it. I'd select it again in a moment, and have had pearl white variants on both Past Lexus and MBZ. There is zero yellow cast on my MS unless IMHO you elect to cause it -- e.g. placing some aftermarket paint protectant films can cause a yellow cast which of course is more apparent on any shade of white paint than say darker colors, also some waxes may change the way the color looks in various lighting, I find my MS Pearl White MS to look good in bright and darker lighting... In the bright sun, the metallic tends to shine through, and in darker lighting, the white is a little more milky (not yellow) in appearance. It's great and aid select it any day over standard white.

6. cab

cab Member

The pearl on the Tesla appearsvto have a slight gray cast to it when I've seen them. I probably prefer this to the yellow cast some pearls have.

7. jyinger

jyinger Member

My 90D is my second Tesla with Pearl White. Stunning. Not a hint of yellos

8. Jool

Jool Member

The loaner Tesla in Pearl white that I had for a week didn't have any yellow cast to it. Lovely color - much nicer than the standard solid white :)

9. Blueeyedme

Blueeyedme Member

Love the Pearl White...went with an inventory car so my color options were limited.

10. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

I picked Pearl White over Sig Red for my 2012 Sig. I felt the color was a better contrast with the carbon fiber and chrome/black accents.

I love it!

11. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Solid white is easier to repair if you get paint damage. Other than that, most people think Pearl White looks beautiful.