Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 !
P.S.
I'm terribly sorry that you are forced to live in that rotten area. Hopefully no more good people will be forced to live near such an unsightly hell-hole. ;)
Well, somebody has to live here! The fact is that my little Ouray County, population about 4500, doesn't have much of an economy, so few jobs unless you bring your money with you — lots of able-bodied retirees who like four seasons — or you can work remotely. The economy is mostly summer tourism (no ski area, although Ouray does get some winter visitation for ice climbing and the hot springs pool) and ranching. The town nearest me is Ridgway, population about 1000.

Ouray from Chief Ouray Mine1707edsf, 8-8-05.jpg
^ City of Ouray, as seen from the Chief Ouray Mine at 10,000 feet.

Precipice Peak1468ed 7-25-15.jpg
^ Precipice Peak, as seen from the top of Courthouse Mountain, looking east.

While I wouldn't mind a Supercharger Station in Durango, Ouray or Ridgway, Cortez CO and Kayenta AZ just seem like more useful locations to me, given the Supercharger Stations planned for Montrose CO and Telluride CO. Kayenta has been on Tesla's map for a long time; don't know what the delay is.

It would be great to finish I-15 north of Butte MT to Fort Macleod AB. There is 367 miles in between these 2 superchargers.
1) Great Falls MT
2) Shelby MT

After that then lets fill I-25 north of Cheyenne WY to Sheridan WY. There is a gap of 326 miles between these 2 superchargers.
3) Wheatland WY (Permit status now)
4) Casper WY

US 40 in northeastern Utah would give access to some fun destinations. (Flaming Gorge, Dinosaur National Monument)
5) Vernal UT

OK I could go on but you did say top 5 so there is my wish list.

Reactions: tmoz and Drucifer
With the opening of Beckley, WV and Orlando/Universal Bvd now Updated:

Buford, GA; Hickory/Statesville, NC; and Charleston, SC still on the list

New additions: Nags Head/Outer Banks, NC and Fredricksburg, VA.

This is getting harder - which is welcome news.

Reactions: tmoz
Hayward, WI (or nearby). It’s been a hole for years. It’s an EV wasteland. The nearest charger is 100 miles away. I’ve had to charge at a KOA there every summer for the past 4 years.

Just discovered a destination charger about 35 miles away:

Fred Thomas Resort
2086 N County Rd F, Birchwood, Wisconsin 54817

I'm thrilled, but unfortunately that's still too far for my annual visit. Slow improvement up in that neck of the woods.

It's time that the Supercharger at Plantation/Ft. Lauderdale will be extended from 8 to at least 16 stalls. It is always full with waiting lines of 3 cars. Last experience at 4 pm on Sunday, March 10th, 2018.
Supercharging "rush hours" first seen in California now happen in places like Plantation. Model 3 will rapidly accelerate this problem. I'm rooting for Tesla to stay ahead of this exponential curve. Tesla's map shows 5 new Supercharger sites near Plantation "targeted to open in 2018" including one here in Weston.

Anywhere in San Diego County (see downtown garage, currently locked up after hours and on weekends (?!)
Anywhere a second time in San Diego County (see Carlsbad)
Fort Stockton else Balmorhea else Ira's house adjacent his free 70A charger.
Fort Stockton a second time
Lighting up the Alaskan Highway

P.S. But wait, there's more, since we're 1 SC away from being able to complete the Acapulco run:

At every southern Port of Entry of note from San Ysidro to McAllen - oh yeah, McAllen already has one. Lighting up PoEs opens up Ensenada, Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Guaymas, and other coastal tourist zones. Of course, there would have to be suitable support for *all* North American cars that have the temerity to enter Mexico - not just for those cars that were delivered there. Plus there would have to be acceptable Mexican car insurance that covers US Tesla shop rate. But having the SCs would be a start. And they'll be there for the Tesla semis anyway.

At every National Park (see East Yellowstone, which opens up both the north and south loops of the clockwise and counterclockwise.

And yes, completing the Trans-Canada route as well. We could call it the Poutine Run.

Last edited: