Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Upcoming Model Y Order Cancelation Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Date was 5/15 Interestingly I have it on hold till Jan 5th but when I click on the order status and on delivery config.. I see a vin number already there. Is that a erroe? or in Jan they will release that car to me. It a Y in blue color 5 seater
Did you place your hold after being assigned a VIN? It is likely showing your previously assigned VIN, the same shows on my account (vin MF261XXX) which I know was given before I placed the order on hold.

Did you place your hold after being assigned a VIN? It is likely showing your previously assigned VIN, the same shows on my account (vin MF261XXX) which I know was given before I placed the order on hold.
I did. I wish I took a screenshot of that VIN but hopefully that's what it is.

I looked it up and it's a 2021 model so this seems to be the case

Mine just got to the Tesla Vision Accept and Proceed with Delivery. I had a previous VIN in October. Are we thinking these are old VINS. My EDD earlier today was Jan 8th - Feb 5th. Wondering if that flipped over because I was in the December 6th cancellation group and that is today even though I responded on the 24th.

is your EDD still Jan 8th - Feb 5th?
No that message is gone, I am getting accept and proceed. After further inspection looking at the source code, I see a VIN ending in 324***. Super frustrating. I know there are people with my same OD who evaded cancellation emails. Hopefully my SA who now works in the delivery center can work with me tomorrow. I thought I was in the clear until January.
1638848563120.png

Reactions: mdchen3
Update: Yesterday (12/9) was my deadline to lift my hold. I went ahead and pressed the “I’m Ready” button. EDD at that moment became TBD. Today the EDD switched to March 11 - April 8. If this timeframe sticks, I’m happy.

MYLR, white ext, black int, 20" induction wheels, hitch, FSD

Ordered Aug
EDD late Jan - early Feb
11/21 received VIN, then requested delay to Jan 1 with no issues
12/2 received cancellation email indicating must select "I'm Ready" by 12/9. Emailed them back pleading to delay until I return to the country on Jan 1 since I'm physically not able to take delivery. I even emailed them a copy of my flight confirm/itinerary.
12/4 received this reply:

"Hello,​
Thank you for your message. We are not able to hold your order until the new year. You would need to remove the hold to prevent cancellation.​
Please log into your Tesla account (ts.la/account), select ‘Manage’ next to your reservation and then hit the “I’m Ready” button on the following page. If the hold on your order is not lifted by 12/9, if your order is placed on hold again after 12/9 or if the next available VIN is rejected, your order will be automatically cancelled.​
I have included your Tesla Advisor on this email to review any further questions you may have.​
Kindly,​
Inside Operations Advisor"​

As deadlines approaching if anyone got canceled order, please share your story.
MY-LR, Blue with Black & White, Gemini wheels. Michigan State Delivery

Ordered Jun 29 - $56,000 locked price
EDD Sep 01 - Sep 30
09/05 recieved call from local SA to prepare for delivery, then requested to Hold till Jan 1
09/06 order on Hold
10/07 received cancellation email indicating must select "I'm Ready" by 12/02.
12/01 released hold by selecting "I'm Ready"
12/03 EDD Jan 8 - Feb 8 (So planned for vacation for Dec last 2 weeks)
12/10 VIN(343xxx) assigned EDD Dec 19 - Dec 25
12/11 called my Local SA to hold until Jan 1 as I am out of town between 12/13 - 01/01/2022.
12/13 back to hold
12/14 new VIN assigned (342xxx) EDD Dec 19 - Dec 25
12/15 again called my Local SA to hold until Jan 1 as I am out of town for between 12/13 - 01/01/2022 (Holiday Vacation and never expected that car will be avaliable in this time frame)
12/16 back to hold. SA told me that he will take care about cancellation.
12/17 Order disappeared from account after 7 PM (I checked at 6:30 PM EST and the order is still on hold). their is no communication from local SA nor no email from ordersupport
12/18 called local SA (no answer) and sent email to order support team but the answer is no, they cannot do anything for cancelled orders

MY-LR, Blue with Black & White, Gemini wheels. Michigan State Delivery

Ordered Jun 29 - $56,000 locked price
EDD Sep 01 - Sep 30
09/05 recieved call from local SA to prepare for delivery, then requested to Hold till Jan 1
09/06 order on Hold
10/07 received cancellation email indicating must select "I'm Ready" by 12/02.
12/01 released hold by selecting "I'm Ready"
12/03 EDD Jan 8 - Feb 8 (So planned for vacation for Dec last 2 weeks)
12/10 VIN(343xxx) assigned EDD Dec 19 - Dec 25
12/11 called my Local SA to hold until Jan 1 as I am out of town between 12/13 - 01/01/2022.
12/13 back to hold
12/14 new VIN assigned (342xxx) EDD Dec 19 - Dec 25
12/15 again called my Local SA to hold until Jan 1 as I am out of town for between 12/13 - 01/01/2022 (Holiday Vacation and never expected that car will be avaliable in this time frame)
12/16 back to hold. SA told me that he will take care about cancellation.
12/17 Order disappeared from account after 7 PM (I checked at 6:30 PM EST and the order is still on hold). their is no communication from local SA nor no email from ordersupport
12/18 called local SA (no answer) and sent email to order support team but the answer is no, they cannot do anything for cancelled orders
Dang it. At this scale of a company they still can't deliver unified message, this is the customer service 101. I really hope other companies can teach a lesson to movitate Tesla to do better.

Reactions: AprilMay
Dang it. At this scale of a company they still can't deliver unified message, this is the customer service 101. I really hope other companies can teach a lesson to movitate Tesla to do better.
You should go experience a Ford Mach E buying experience. Its WAY worst.

Many folks ordering them would know when they left Mexico and wouldn't hear anything until it was at the dealership... maybe, some wouldn't. Also no one else is doing this at the scale of Tesla.

Reactions: preilly44
They are being aggressive if you have violated the terms of the contract you are operating under. If you have a hold release within the acceptable timeframe they are allowing that to continue. Only threatening to cancel if you go beyond that.

Xabadu had already received a vin before placing on hold so they have already rejected one vehicle in teslas eyes. Their contract says 90 days from order if vin is available. Sounds like 90 days would be sometime in November if they ordered in August so they are getting some leeway. The way to properly use the hold system is to place on hold before receiving a vin.
I placed mine on hold before receiving a VIN and haven't had any of the emails--and I'm pretty sure it was less than 90 days after ordering. I have to release my hold by 1/1, and that's a bummer because I really want to wait until I buy my new house before I add this debt. I'm hoping if I release it on 1/1 I'll go to the back of the queue and have a date around April or May. I don't care about the credit, and now that it looks iffy maybe folks will quit gaming the system and start taking deliveries again. I had assumed that when I lifted the hold I'd go to the back of the line, which would be July, but it doesn't look like it's happening that way. I guess we'll see.

Welp looks like they're at it again.

I got an email this morning informing me that I have to remove my hold by 1/13 or risk cancelation. I guess it's time to accept delivery. I'm pretty sure I'll get paired up with a vehicle pretty darn quickly being that I'm located in Los Angeles. Here's hoping I get the new updates.

Has anyone else gotten the email?

Welp looks like they're at it again.

I got an email this morning informing me that I have to remove my hold by 1/13 or risk cancelation. I guess it's time to accept delivery. I'm pretty sure I'll get paired up with a vehicle pretty darn quickly being that I'm located in Los Angeles. Here's hoping I get the new updates.

Has anyone else gotten the email?
when did you start to hold?

It's complicated but I already had a MY that Tesla Burbank decided was a Lemon. Instead of pairing me up with another car they paid me out and had me reorder.

I work in the film industry so I've been stuck in ATL since last year but ordered hoping to get it when I get back in town. My SA didn't see an issue with it since he was familiar with my situation. Long story short, I ordered in April. I'm back in town now and don't mind taking delivery, I'm just hoping I don't miss out on the AMD chip and new battery.

Reactions: voxel and tm1v2
It's complicated but I already had a MY that Tesla Burbank decided was a Lemon. Instead of pairing me up with another car they paid me out and had me reorder.

I work in the film industry so I've been stuck in ATL since last year but ordered hoping to get it when I get back in town. My SA didn't see an issue with it since he was familiar with my situation. Long story short, I ordered in April. I'm back in town now and don't mind taking delivery, I'm just hoping I don't miss out on the AMD chip and new battery.
I think you'll have a good shot at getting MCU3 / Ryzen. I hope you do!

A new, improved kind of battery e.g. with 4680 cells? That seems very unlikely if they pair you up with a car soon.