Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youth Invest in Tesla Stock - Seniors Prefer General Electric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This chart from October 2014 is also relevant in terms of stockholder statistics. 23% of TSLA owners have it as their top holding, and it represents, on average, 25% of their portfolios:

SigFig.jpg

The headache for me who also accumulated at such low price was that, when the share price dropped substantially, it was hard to choose sell or hold. Because the capital tax is also significant.

Do you guys have better strategy if it happens again? I am eager to know.

It's actually worth it tax wise to stop all other income stream and divest 10% per year TSLA to personal income no matter what. Divert professional income to corporation while TSLA portfolio return to a palpable %.

37 years old, stock holder for 22 months now.

I was looking at TSLA for about 6 months before I got in, just needed to convince myself that buying stock in general is worth the risk. Been burned before with investment funds managed by my bank, but I guess going with my educated guess proved to be wiser than trusting their expertise. Funny how I was banging my head against the wall when I made my first buy at 118 USD instead of under 100 a few weeks earlier. Even so, I doubled my initial investment since then. WOW.

28, bought my first single stock shares a little bit over a month ago (189.5). Been pretty nice since of course.

Really, really wanted to buy about 2 years ago in the ~40 dollar range, talked to some friends about how to use call options to leverage things even more, then never followed through because of money stuff. Wish I would have gone with my gut.

Been lurking here a bit, trying really hard to learn the ins and outs of trading (I also have accounts dedicated to pure investing, I want to do a bit of both, long term holds that I DCA and never touch, but also want to use options to do some covering and profit taking and downside protection to keep the shars and things). Anyone have some great resources I can look into for that side?

Basically I want to be Causa-light ;) in one portfolio and warren buffet + tesla buy and hold in another.