Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zappi or Hypervolt for a solar home system ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had a Hypervolt for over a year now. Happy to confirm that with that unit you'll get:

• Scheduled charge vs Plug and Charge
  • 3 different charging modes (Boost - uses grid + solar, Eco - solar and as little grid power as possible, and Super Eco - solar only)
  • Wi-fi connectivity
  • Customised energy tariff info for (fairly) accurate charge costs - we use this if anyone contacts us via ZapMap to charge at our home charger.

Never had an issue with it and the electrician we used for the install exclusively installs these as they have such a great track record in terms of reliability/support.

Reactions: browellm
Another thumbs up for Hypervolt. Best combination of aesthetics, build quality, features and price IMO. When you're fixing something semi-permanently to the side of your house, driveway or garage it needs to fit well. Their customer service is exemplary too (again, in my experience but lots of other positive reviews out there).

Also went with HV because it has all the built-in safety features and the app and energy tracking side of things is always improving. The solar support is there if we need it in the future. Our installer stopped doing Zappi and Podpoint because they were both such a PITA to deal with as companies according to them, so take that for what you will.

• Disagree
Reactions: Liquidv
I have a Hypervolt and my brother next door has a Zappi.
Hypervolt is nothing more than a dumb charger with a CT clamp, it can't even do scheduled charging. The only thing it can do is lock your charger via the app, give you a bit of detail of your charging history and divert excess solar to your car if charging.

Zappi seems much smarter in regards to solar integration, if I had to choose I again I would choose Zappi
Why are you going through all my previous posts and disliking comments randomly because I thumbed down this factually and entirely inaccurate statement of yours that could have been answered with a 30 second google search or.. I don't know, actually looking at the hypervolt website before spewing out nonsense here that might mislead people? 😂