Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zappi Smart Charging & Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all
I’ve had my Zappi v2 for several weeks and still havent got the overnight smart charging working properly.

My problem is to do with the timed charging. I’ve set it to charging between 00:30 - 4:30 and every time i select timed even when i use the fast, eco or eco+ mode it just doesnt save, after reloading the app it turns back to Manual instead of timed. I might be doing run but can anyone give me instructions?

Also in regards to the lights and display info, is there any chance these can be turned to off when not in use as the data always shows and the zappi logo light always appear even when its not charging. Again if anyone has instructions I would be grateful.

i’m on version v3.054 if that makes a difference but have tried previous versions.

Here is my settings when you look at the app and yes every time you go back into the app it goes back to manual. As long as you have time clock symbol I think that means it’s ready to go.

I need to check, but I thought you had the option to turn off the led lights in the menu on the charger. When I connect mine before the off-peak period it glows pink and says waiting for surplus, but it does kick in at 12.30...

Attachments

• BD214A11-48E1-4E10-95F7-39B035D034D6.png
    BD214A11-48E1-4E10-95F7-39B035D034D6.png
    307 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: Mikeoneuk85
Yes you can turn off the LEDs Sorry you can, but can adjust how long the backlight stays on.

5CB21AF7-7243-40ED-9D6A-D1708DE0C1C6.jpeg

V3.054 (released 30/10/2020) should have fixed the backlight coming on randomly. Could be worth flagging on the forum if it didn’t. Zappi 2 firmware release 3.054 (31/10/2020)

and that manual/smart/timed is just a navigation link to display the correct options. If there are blue blocks in the timed page, like @PenfoldT then charging will occur. (It will always revert to the default manual *page/tab*. )

Last edited:
I have the earlier Zappi tethered version 1.
I’d never used a timed charge until last week as my Ioniq had better on board settings than the M3.
My timer settings in the Zappi have, as expected, stayed put. Yours should too.
Do flag it up on the Myenergi forum. Someone will know the answer

Yes you can turn off the LEDs Sorry you can, but can adjust how long the backlight stays on.

A recent firmware update introduced the ability to change the LED colours and I'm pretty sure that the brightness is also adjustable ... it was a few months ago that I last played with the settings (and I'm certainly not going out into tonight's storm to find out!)

In my case a charge is set via the app (if one is needed) soon after the daily Agile update & on plunge days (like tonight) also check via settings on the Zappi itself just to make sure. So far it's always worked as planned... as long as I use Eco+.

(When I used Eco & the house batteries had remaining charge at the time the Zappi was set it seemed to start charging immediately so I called myenergi & the technician told me to always have the Zappi on Eco+ when setting a charge).

I & the neighbours opposite are OK with the display lights so have left as default.

I would second getting in touch with the folks at myenergi. My zappi was faulty and would always reset from eco to fast mode as the system would reset about 3 times before actually charging.

Fixed it under warranty. Took longer tha. I would have liked but it's working fine now (expect for the shoddy network connection between the hub and unit)

Hi all
I’ve had my Zappi v2 for several weeks and still havent got the overnight smart charging working properly.

My problem is to do with the timed charging. I’ve set it to charging between 00:30 - 4:30 and every time i select timed even when i use the fast, eco or eco+ mode it just doesnt save, after reloading the app it turns back to Manual instead of timed. I might be doing run but can anyone give me instructions?

Also in regards to the lights and display info, is there any chance these can be turned to off when not in use as the data always shows and the zappi logo light always appear even when its not charging. Again if anyone has instructions I would be grateful.

i’m on version v3.054 if that makes a difference but have tried previous versions.
Had same problem. Sorted by doing:
1. Make sure you highlight the days of the week you want the timed sessions. Just click each day.
2. Set charging schedule on Tesla to start at 12.30am daily.

Hi all

Found this if it helps
Vital important - zappi 2 - Firmware Version 2.171
5762348C-2DDA-49E1-A8B4-C60B1581A1B3.jpeg