Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zextraterrestials S (tory)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i almost forgot,since our camera broke, i was going to shoot my car with the ingomar in the back!

sent from Joules..standard charge 275 miles ideal

a couple more
12.jpg

Across the street from Loleta Cheese Factory
13.jpg

Last edited:
we drove all the way out the South jetty that you can see below in the background but the camera totally crapped out by then and we didn't get any shots of the breakers coming in with the coastguard house in the background- and my wife won't go back out there in the S with me -
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....................

The road is so straight but is a little bouncy because it is built on sand and then there are potholes to dodge that the 21"s will not like!
My wife gets carsick (even when she drives :crying:)
Maybe I'll take out the old Sony F717 for some more pics. I didn't really get any of the shots I wanted. I was shooting some in Raw but they have pretty bad lighting and definitely need to be altered.

The road is so straight but is a little bouncy because it is built on sand and then there are potholes to dodge that the 21"s will not like!
My wife gets carsick (even when she drives :crying:)
Maybe I'll take out the old Sony F717 for some more pics. I didn't really get any of the shots I wanted. I was shooting some in Raw but they have pretty bad lighting and definitely need to be altered.

Try HDR! It's easy, lovely, and helps fix most lighting issues...

I was shooting with a tripod until the EOS Body started crapping out. I just shot a couple of Photots in Trinidad with an old Sony, we'll see what happens.

Tons of people taking pictures of me today and pointing..staring etc.
I actually ran into an older gentleman in Arcata that is getting an S in Feb / March or sooner? he said he was P 74XX
Competition for the free plug! but at least he lives 45 min south and may not be around as much?

Did I mention that the car is SICK (cough, cough, no engine, noise must be broke ;>
everyone likes the grey combo

Check out the Promote Comtrol for HDR shots. You need a tripod. Gitzo makes great ones and can pair it with Really Right Stuff Ball Head.

Promote Control - extended HDR bracketing controller

I own the items above and love it so that's why I mention them. I'm sure there are tons of other equally good options.

Thanks, Dave. I'll have a look at that controller... my D200 doesn't do wide enough bracketing, so this would be perfect.

I started putting carpets on all of the floors but it started raining before I finished
DSC006121.jpg

The back looks good without the bottom storage area visible

The rear floor you can't even tell there is a carpet there!
DSC006141.jpg

DSC006151.jpg

DSC006161.jpg

Center area looks much better covered to the edges vs the edging on the carpets that the front floor mats have
DSC006171.jpg

I think I'm going to do the front floormats better than the stock ones. As long as they are cut proper they should stay in place and look as if they aren't even there

Dog area- back piece
DSC006181.jpg

DSC006191.jpg

Not sure If I should trim the overlap or leave it a little. I might trim it and put removable rivets like I'm doing in the front area for the corners
I was almost done with the front piece when it started raining then got dark.
Tomorrow - dog area & 130?
Edit: no 130 yet ;>

here is the front half of the dog mat/carpet
DSC00640.jpg

From the rear passenger side door
I used a piece of maple cabinet plywood we had laying around to stiffen the front, I might not need to attach it to the seats at all now
DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

From the front looking back

DSC00643.jpg

Through the sunroof
DSC00639.jpg

and from the rear

I used the seat latches to clip that carpet on the sides. I need to cut different holes for the front piece so it sits a little flatter and maybe trim the edge a little bit now that I put the wood in

Fits pretty nice and it feels softer from the rubber side than the carpet side when you kneel on it.
Now If my heeler mix would stay in the back and not try and jump to the front seat when we leave the car... Dramamine? so mean

Last edited:
One thing I noticed in one of the first pics you posted is that on some of your control screens the car pictured is red.

I thought that the car on all the control screens was made to match the color your car actually is. Apparently that is just some of the control screens. Would be nice if it was all, but of course that is just gravy and not really a requirement for functionality.

Do love your car though...

Cheers.

@Ceilidh: this problem was fixed in v4.0. It turns out that earlier software versions only had the four colors available in Signature cars, so the early grays, greens, etc. showed as Sig red. My DS checked on the diagnostic screens to ensure that the settings were correct (green/tan/lacewood), which they were.