Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zoom Conferencing Coming to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So many, many things.

First of all, Zoom didn't even pay for the music they are using you can hear the background audio of something saying the website where it came from (generally the 30s samples they have to decide if you buy it or not).

Second, that's DEFINITELY not the angle of the camera in the cabin. This is the angle:

I guess Zoom are really trying to stay relevant now that more and more people are coming back in the office, but it really screams of "we have no idea how to get people to use our ecosystem". I wouldnt want to take VIDEO calls (on purpose) in the car for a variety of reasons, but hey, I guess the option is there.

Reactions: TenKOhms
Zoom video while driving? That sounds unsafe. There is a reason YT and the other video channels don't work while moving. If they can do that we should also be able to get Tidal in CD quality while moving without tethering to the phone.

And as with most of the updates, I'm trying to figure out who is asking for this.

Reactions: Transformer
Zoom video while driving? That sounds unsafe. There is a reason YT and the other video channels don't work while moving. If they can do that we should also be able to get Tidal in CD quality while moving without tethering to the phone.

And as with most of the updates, I'm trying to figure out who is asking for this.
... and asking why they spend their labour on this type of crap instead of fixing the fundamental issues with TACC, auto headlights, etc. They should pause all functional enhancement work and focus for three months on fixing critical defects.

• Love
Reactions: Transformer
Software doesn't work like that... See - The Mythical Man Month et al
Software does work like that. Choose to spend much more time each sprint fixing rather than enhancing. The referenced book correctly calls out you can't throw labour at a problem and expect a linear (or any, depending) improvement in time to deliver. You can, however, adjust priorities to thoughtfully+effectively spend more labour on fixing issues, over time, than on developing frivolous enhancements.

And focus the team coordination, usability testing, QA, bug fixing, and documentation updates on the priority tasks.
It further saves time to reduce the bug count and "technical debt" rather than developing bugs on top of bugs.