Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ZTE Mobley - WiFi Hotspot - Need Help from OBD2 Experts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is what I currently know about the At&t ZTE Mobley:

1) Fact -- Firmware VM6200V1.0.1 has a new "No Time Out" option
2) Apparently, AT&T controls when new firmwares are pushed to the devices. There is no way for you to manually update it.
3) Fact -- ZTE Mobley with firmware VM6200V1.0.1 will "hang" or "freeze" after 1-2 days of continuous operation. The device is still powered on, you can still "see" the WiFi network but you can't connect to it.

Depends on your usage, how long you view live footage when your car is not on your homes wifi. For me 500mb per month is suffice

Can the BlackVue camera be set up so that whenever there is an event the camera feed is recorded not only on the SD card but also to the cloud? If you someone else is driving your car and you don't have access to the SD card, how would you be able to monitor what is happening?

Can the BlackVue camera be set up so that whenever there is an event the camera feed is recorded not only on the SD card but also to the cloud? If you someone else is driving your car and you don't have access to the SD card, how would you be able to monitor what is happening?

Blackvue does hot have event driven video uploads to the cloud, this must be done manually. It will automatically send event notifications via Blackvue cloud. Before my ZTE Mobley failed I would use Blackvue live to investigate events.

Blackvue does hot have event driven video uploads to the cloud, this must be done manually. It will automatically send event notifications via Blackvue cloud. Before my ZTE Mobley failed I would use Blackvue live to investigate events.
How does it know which event notifications to send? It seems like it would send a lot of false positives. Do you know of any system out there that is better than Blackvue to investigate events and view the feed over the cloud?

I do not have WiFi anymore since my Mobiley quit working and ATT no longer supports. I think the better solution now is Owl dashcam. Has LTE built in.
I do not own this myself but am considering.
Owl Car Cam - The first security camera for your car

Awesome this is a good suggestion for dashcam. As far the wi-fi connection, if I want to have that in the car, what is the recommended way to do it? There doesn't seem to be a mi-fi device that compatible with the Tesla MX.