Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor “X-Care EV Protection” - First 3rd Party Service Agreement for Model S, Model X and Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 Model S 45,600 refresh

We definitely need to take a closer look at the pricing for the shorter terms. It is a bit difficult to compete with those type of terms, however the longer terms give you more bang for your buck and cheaper. The 4 year and 50k X-Care term is cheaper than the ESA ($4,499 with "XcelerateTMC" referral vs $4,750) and half the deductible ($100 vs $200 per visit).

A few additional features with X-Care that you don't get with the ESA; Rental Reimbursement, Trip interruption, and ability to use vehicle for commercial/livery/rideshare (with surcharge).

@X-Care EV Any word when this will be available in Louisiana?

Louisiana and Washington are the last two states to go. Unfortunately, its difficult to get an ETA when it comes to Louisiana but we are pushing but likely be another few months. If you submit your info on our contact list, we will let you know once we are live.

Auto Warranty Options - Xcelerate Auto

Hello, I saw this headlight failure from Tesla, they do fix it for free under warranty.
Headlights eyelid | Tesla
Do you guys cover it? Or does it fall into the exclusion?

The only part excluded related to the lights are the bulbs only. Reading through your link, it states that the entire headlight assembly needed to be replaced to be fixed ($1,000-$1,400 retail cost). The headlight assembly would be covered since that is not excluded.

The only part excluded related to the lights are the bulbs only. Reading through your link, it states that the entire headlight assembly needed to be replaced to be fixed ($1,000-$1,400 retail cost). The headlight assembly would be covered since that is not excluded.

Just to be clear if I have a burned out headlight on my Model 3 this coverage will cover the cost to replace the entire headlight assembly? OR if the led strip in the headlight assembly stops working the entire headlight assembly will be replaced?

Just to be clear if I have a burned out headlight on my Model 3 this coverage will cover the cost to replace the entire headlight assembly? OR if the led strip in the headlight assembly stops working the entire headlight assembly will be replaced?

it is up to Tesla to determine what needs to be replaced in order to fix whatever the issue is - we do not intervene. If Tesla says only the bulb needs to be replaced to fix a headlight issue, then that is not covered since "bulbs" are excluded.

However, if Tesla says there is an issue with the harness or the entire assembly in order to fix whatever the problem maybe, then those are things that are covered under X-Care since neither of those are excluded.

We do not diagnose your vehicle issue - that is up to Tesla Service.

Reactions: MP3Mike
it is up to Tesla to determine what needs to be replaced in order to fix whatever the issue is - we do not intervene. If Tesla says only the bulb needs to be replaced to fix a headlight issue, then that is not covered since "bulbs" are excluded.

However, if Tesla says there is an issue with the harness or the entire assembly in order to fix whatever the problem maybe, then those are things that are covered under X-Care since neither of those are excluded.

We do not diagnose your vehicle issue - that is up to Tesla Service.

My understanding is that the headlight assembly is sealed and therefore if a light burned out there is no bulb replacement available. The whole assembly needs to be replaced. Knowing that, would this warranty cover replacement of the assembly in the event of a light going out?

DO NOT TRUST WHAT THEY SAID ON HERE.
I called the xcare claim and ask for my headlights replacement and they declined warranty on that, that said anything with light bulbs or LED they don’t cover. And they clearly said they dont do what Tesla does for the warranty so it’s not the same. Regardless of what the sales person says. Please avoid them!

I called the xcare claim and ask for my headlights replacement and they declined warranty on that, that said anything with light bulbs or LED they don’t cover. And they clearly said they dont do what Tesla does for the warranty so it’s not the same. Regardless of what the sales person says. Please avoid them!

What kind of headlights does your Tesla have? (I think some of them have user replaceable bulbs, and those wouldn't be covered by the warranty.)

What is the failure of your headlights?

We just spoke with @Saltymuffins directly to resolve this issue. First off, we, Xcelerate Auto, are making sure the customer is taken care of and their issue is paid for (we stand by what we say). There is some communication alignment needed with our administrator on this specific component and this specific issue - of the dozens of claims we do per month, this is the first issue of its kind that we have seen.

We are working directly with the customer on this issue, collecting info, and will align with our administrator/underwriter regarding this component moving forward. Once all is aligned, we will ping this post to make everyone aware in efforts for clear transparency.

@Saltymuffins - we do apologize for any confusion, but we are more than happy to make it right and resolve the issue for you.

We just spoke with @Saltymuffins directly to resolve this issue. First off, we, Xcelerate Auto, are making sure the customer is taken care of and their issue is paid for (we stand by what we say). There is some communication alignment needed with our administrator on this specific component and this specific issue - of the dozens of claims we do per month, this is the first issue of its kind that we have seen.

We are working directly with the customer on this issue, collecting info, and will align with our administrator/underwriter regarding this component moving forward. Once all is aligned, we will ping this post to make everyone aware in efforts for clear transparency.

@Saltymuffins - we do apologize for any confusion, but we are more than happy to make it right and resolve the issue for you.

Hello Everyone!

As promised, we wanted to provide an update to all of you with regards to the headlight issue. Right before we launched X-Care, we removed the headlight assembly from the exclusions to make it covered. It looks like there were a couple of people on the claims side that were still using the old wording and not the most current (the only difference was the headlight component). We are now all aligned and our claims team is using the correct contract when dealing with claims, and this customer is being taken care of per our normal process (as will any other customer moving forward)

We created X-Care to give peace of mind to current and future owners of Tesla. At the end of day, we are trying to get more people in an EV to help expand the rEVolution. To accomplish this, we needed to be different than any other "traditional" warranty that you either have purchased or heard of at a traditional dealership. This was created by Tesla experts, for the Tesla community, with efforts to expand EV ownership as a whole. We continue to work on this mission everyday.

Happy to clarify any questions that might be out there, but we stand behind our answers. The headlight assembly is covered under X-Care as mentioned.

Reactions: Yurand and MP3Mike
Xcare reached out and try to solve the problem. I’ll keep you guys updated.
Hi everyone, I’m happy to let you guys know that XCelerateAuto kept their words. I had the DRL problem with my headlights as posted here.
Hello, I saw this headlight failure from Tesla, they do fix it for free under warranty.
Headlights eyelid | Tesla
Do you guys cover it? Or does it fall into the exclusion?

since I was their first client to experience this problem, there was some misunderstanding with their administrators about the policy on this specific problem. However, after the problem occurred, they showed great responsibility and effort to resolve the issue. I’m happy to let Model S owners (2016-current, the face-lift models) know that if you guys have this same problem (which is common), XCare got you covered. They stand for what they say. I highly recommend them!
I’ll keep you guys updated with my experience with XCare. Thanks XCelerateauto for your responsibility and effort!