Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 test on a vbox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3.3 without rollout is good at 78% SoC.

We did some 0-60mph and 0-100mph VBox runs with three P3Ds recently. All in the same conditions on the same piece of level tarmac, with the same wheels etc. No rollout.
0-60 times/SoC:
Car 1 - 3.51 (79%)
Car 2 - 3.39 (86%)
Car 3 - 3.29 (92%)

0-100 times/SoC:
Car 1 - 8.64 (77%)
Car 2 - 8.56 (85%)
Car 3 - 8.24 (91%)

Later when all cars were down around 50% we did more runs and car 3 was still the fastest by a decent margin and the only reason we can think of is that car had been doing more driving than the others so maybe the battery pack/inverter/motor temperatures were optimized? This was on a cold day.

Reactions: dfwatt
Took my car out at 78% and did some 0-60, I did 5 runs and they all came in at the 3.31 to 3.39 range. I will perform the test with higher SOC, hopefully I can match Tesla's 3.2 sec. I am pissed I am not there yet.

That's actually pretty good time nothing wrong with it particularly at your state of charge. Do you have stock wheels and tires? Your best bang for buck in terms of improving car's appearance and performance if you have a performance model is to get forged light weight wheels. 20 by 9 Wheels forged can be under 20 lb saving you approximately 9 lb per corner, and gaining at least one tenth in your 0 to 60 times,

IMO: 78% SOC shouldn't cause 0-60 times to falter.

3.2 is with a 1 foot rollout,
drag strip style.

Did you have slip start on?

Was the battery warmed up enough?

3.2 was also before a couple of performance software updates it should be closer to 3.0 now.

I think that's unfortunately misinformation, and that state-of-charge actually does impact acceleration times. The fastest confirmed time on draggy without rollout is still in the 3.2 or high 3.1 area. And that's with the power upgrades in recent firmware. No one has a confirmed time without roll out 3.0X. You certainly could get there with lightning of your car and particularly with super lightweight wheels and tires. But this individual is reporting times that are actually quite good given his state of charge.

I don’t use roll out. I thought the advertised number is without roll out?

I have never driven a mode 3 with more than 80% will try at 90 tonight

Max Accel is at 95 or 90%. There is no additional benefit in going to a hundred. Can't remember if the horsepower Curves showed any difference between 90 and 95% for that matter but if there was any separation it wasn't much

I will give it a shot and try it, I guess I will cheat and do the rollout too

It's not cheating the rollout is built into both vbox and draggy. Usually you get two numbers with and then without roll out. It's not something that you can measure manually yourself. That's too difficult unless you have timing lights and your own personal drag strip.

I am surprised VBOX app can’t switch back and forth with the same run. All my runs are without, I will do a bunch with it. Once I am done, I will try it with. No point to keep testing when I can get fast runs in

I'm not familiar with vbox but I thought it was a simple page scrolling or tab scrolling feature in other words on one page of the data from the Run would display without rollout and on another page you got the rollout number. It's certainly easier with dragy because at the bottom is the rollout number and at the top is the regular number.

In any case it's not rocket science to derive the rollout number has it's pretty well documented on our car it's about 0.15 seconds. That's the amount of time it takes the car to Traverse the first foot.

Who says?

Tesla used to.

But they realized it looked bad they were admitting they cheat.

Nobody else uses 2 different measurements but Tesla. It's dishonest as hell but they still do it.

Here's a screen cap from back when they admitted it on the website.

P models use rollout...non Ps don't.

It makes the Ps look artificially better.

For example the LR AWD is actually 3.9 with rollout- but the website still lists that garbage 4.4 number.

(even before the last 5% update is was 4.0 as tested by both owners AND professional car magazines with rollout).

Likewise they advertise the boosted LR AWD to be 3.9 when we know it's really ~3.5 from owner testing with rollout.

rollout.png

• Helpful
Reactions: gavine
Who says?

This has been verified time and time again by many drivers on these forums, including myself. You can find all the info in various threads here. The LR AWD for example is listed as 4.4 but in Dragy testing cars result in 4.1 w/o rollout and 3.9 with it. Tesla purposely does this make the Performance look that much better than the other models even though it really isn't.

Reactions: phantasms