Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60mph changed on the 75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice that all the 2018 new inventory X75D show the 0-60mph of 6s. I distinctly remember it being 4.9 seconds when I purchased mine earlier last year. Did they slow all X75D's down or are these newer inventory ones different somehow? I hope they didn't slow down all 75D's through a firmware update. Mine doesn't feel any different than it did when I originally bought it...

Reactions: seadrag76
I notice that all the 2018 new inventory X75D show the 0-60mph of 6s. I distinctly remember it being 4.9 seconds when I purchased mine earlier last year. Did they slow all X75D's down or are these newer inventory ones different somehow? I hope they didn't slow down all 75D's through a firmware update. Mine doesn't feel any different than it did when I originally bought it...

I went against an Infiniti Q60 just the other day, I beat him by a fender. Those things do 0-60 in 4.8s so based on that I wasn't slowed...

Reactions: Pilot7478
When I am inquiring about a 75D, below is the reply from Tesla person.

That vehicle is currently listed as "6 seconds 0-60 mph.” However, once you receive delivery you can set up an appointment at the service center for a free speed enhancement. The update is not something we can do over the air because it is better managed through a hardwired connection at our Service Centers.

Yes, I think this is related to shudder. My car has shudder isssue and in a recent service visit they asked me to always keep the suspension in low.

However, I didn’t notice change in 0-60 on my car yet.

Yeah, setting it for low definitely helped the shudder, but yesterday when I complained about the alignment affecting my tire life, the technician said, oh you must have your suspension set to low? Hmm, what are we supposed to do?

Reactions: BlueRidgeksky
Was it like for like? They went through several motor revisions. Mine for example is older, it will keep up for a little bit before I'm in the rear view - even against a newer 75D.

I had a late 2017 75D. I tested it at the same place through out its life, result had been pretty consistent. The 100D is barely any faster at launch, but once you get over 40mph. The 100D will just blow the 75D away, it feels that way in the car too.

One of the S guys logged the data, the peak power and motor are basically the same between the two cars. The 100D just allows for the same power output at higher speed where the 75 will drop off over 40

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-19_18-47-38.png
    upload_2019-3-19_18-47-38.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: gangzoom