Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes. That escalated quickly.

When did this become Barbarians at the Gate?
1699206903586.png

Imagine paying for this battery warranty, thinking your are covered, and then having a failure right now.

You are either paying 15k for a new battery yourself and suing to get reimbursed or not driving your car while this plays out.

I agree with the earlier sentiment that there’s just no justification for putting other owners in that situation.

I was seriously considering this warranty but went with X-Care. Feels like I dodged a bullet.

You can't get a battery from Tesla and then have 057 reimburse you. It quite clearly states/stated only work done in their shop was covered.

I don't know the legalese how well 057 covered itself to prevent someone suing for not being able to use what they paid for, or how much a company can just wipe their hands of things saying "sorry, LLC means "limited liability" for a reason." That's why I asked earlier if Xcare is an LLC or not. I am not sure that even matters, as others suggested.

You can't get a battery from Tesla and then have 057 reimburse you. It quite clearly states/stated only work done in their shop was covered.

I don't know the legalese how well 057 covered itself to prevent someone suing for not being able to use what they paid for, or how much a company can just wipe their hands of things saying "sorry, LLC means "limited liability" for a reason." That's why I asked earlier if Xcare is an LLC or not. I am not sure that even matters, as others suggested.
At the end of the day, the warranty is a business contract and not personal. The law (hopefully) should protect both sides, you fulfill and follow the procedures on your side and same for the other side. If you are not comfortable with it and want to back out, as long as you follow and documented your efforts then you can explore what has been agreed on the contract and what is the reasonable next step, never assumed anything, and no one can guilt trip you to do one or the other. For individual it may be less impact, but for a fleet company, the story will be different... unfortunately, buying a warranty is always a bet on both the covered items and the company. BTW, you can search the state of Texas entity to see if xcare is a LLC or not, most counties and states have information available online for searching ... best of luck!

Unfortunately there is a member on here that is going through a bad battery at the moment, he opted to just fix it through Tesla for 18k because he got no answers and needed to drive the car.

This is an absolute nightmare and anybody justifying the approach from 057 is probably doing so because they aren’t in the situation.

Just take a minute and consider yourself in the situation where your battery goes kaput and you were “covered under 057 warranty” . Top that off with knowing the price you paid for the warranty is also potentially gone. To add another layer, imagine purchasing a Tesla because the 057 warranty you purchased influenced your decision to buy an older model.

I brought a list of issues early up and 057 technologies only response was for a server update.

NDA or not, i feel like the owner could have fought to take care of his customers or provide some assurance that things would be well.

I hate to wonder what happened to all the funds that were collected for this warranty. I do remember a post where Jason stated he would refurbish bad packs and sell them to offset costs.

Either way, I hope this has a happy ending - chances are slim but I guess nobody knows for sure until he or somebody opens up.

Has anybody successfully got a refund for their warranty? Only thing I’ve read through countless pages is a customer that was informed that Jason said he sent a check but never got one- which unfortunately really makes me wonder about his integrity.

Imagine paying for this battery warranty, thinking your are covered, and then having a failure right now.

You are either paying 15k for a new battery yourself and suing to get reimbursed or not driving your car while this plays out.

I agree with the earlier sentiment that there’s just no justification for putting other owners in that situation.

I was seriously considering this warranty but went with X-Care. Feels like I dodged a bullet.

NDA or not, i feel like the owner could have fought to take care of his customers or provide some assurance that things would be well.
If he sold the company earlier this year, as was reported, he is no longer the owner and wouldn't have authority to communicate or provide assurances. From what we heard it seems like he was an employee there after the sale.

Obviously something more happened after that point. Hopefully we will find out more soon.

If he sold the company earlier this year, as was reported, he is no longer the owner and wouldn't have authority to communicate or provide assurances. From what we heard it seems like he was an employee there after the sale.

Obviously something more happened after that point. Hopefully we will find out more soon.
IF it is true that there is a sale, it also depends on the terms of the sale, the new company may or may not assume all the liabilities ... the contract should still holds until legally proven someone else is liable, customer should still contact the original company and the owner. The mill is churning here because of the silence ...

Reactions: ccalahan
I hear the different perspectives - maybe he sold, maybe there’s a merger, maybe he got bought out - but this doesn’t happen overnight in an instant.

There’s a lot that could have been communicated, worked out, or returned the customers cash before going radio silent.

All this speculation, I’m sure everybody is thinking it - did Jason just pull the greatest Tesla scam and run with the money?

I hear the different perspectives - maybe he sold, maybe there’s a merger, maybe he got bought out - but this doesn’t happen overnight in an instant.

There’s a lot that could have been communicated, worked out, or returned the customers cash before going radio silent.

All this speculation, I’m sure everybody is thinking it - did Jason just pull the greatest Tesla scam and run with the money?
Yup. He's probably glued to this thread, eagerly reading all the conjecture.

Unfortunately there is a member on here that is going through a bad battery at the moment, he opted to just fix it through Tesla for 18k because he got no answers and needed to drive the car.

This is an absolute nightmare and anybody justifying the approach from 057 is probably doing so because they aren’t in the situation.

Just take a minute and consider yourself in the situation where your battery goes kaput and you were “covered under 057 warranty” . Top that off with knowing the price you paid for the warranty is also potentially gone. To add another layer, imagine purchasing a Tesla because the 057 warranty you purchased influenced your decision to buy an older model.

I brought a list of issues early up and 057 technologies only response was for a server update.

I hate to wonder what happened to all the funds that were collected for this warranty. I do remember a post where Jason stated he would refurbish bad packs and sell them to offset costs.

Either way, I hope this has a happy ending - chances are slim but I guess nobody knows for sure until he or somebody opens up.

Has anybody successfully got a refund for their warranty? Only thing I’ve read through countless pages is a customer that was informed that Jason said he sent a check but never got one- which unfortunately really makes me wonder about his integrity.
Exactly man. I’m in my mid 40s, always wanted to own a Model S after driving one via Turo years ago. Found a 2014 here in state with decent miles and price I could afford. I’m retired military on a fixed income. Dealer sold me an extended warranty, minus battery and electric motor of course. I was referred to 057 Tech on many social media platforms and threads, so I went forward with the purchase of the Tesla and was counting on the battery plan through 057. I paid $2,138.93 last July for it and here we are today. I am not a happy camper. 🤬

An important question @gillmj24 . Our parent company Xcelerate Auto is an LLC but our warranty product is a partnership with Amtrust Financial and EDS.
-XCare

Reactions: cbdream99

It definitely influenced mine. I've got to say that unless the manufacturers can come up with a battery pack that's actually repairable and can withstand a single cell failing then a full BEV is probably not a great way to go for out of warranty purchases.

I have four vehicles in my garage, all completely out of warranty. 3 are ICE, those I can keep running just fine. If the pack on this model S dies I'm kind of screwed.

I'm really considering plugin hybrids.