Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go into your FSD menu and unselect expanded FSD visualization display.
Thanks for the hint, I’ve been annoyed by the loss of the energy graph while in the beta. The display space on both sides is largely wasted anyway.

It was interesting though, that the energy graph would momentarily appear when in regen when regen is limited due to cold battery pack. More of the Tesla context-sensitive functionality I guess, but I like having energy graph up front to monitor regularly.

Reactions: TravelFree
I appreciate the hint. Unfortunately it still hasnt helped in my case. Energy meter shows briefly in reverse and then disappears. I plan to ask Tesla service to review when I am in for frunk recall.
Do you know how to change what displays on the left and right side of that screen?

You can change it by pushing in the scroll wheel for a couple seconds and up pops a list of what you can put in the space. (expanded FSD view off) now scroll down and select the energy one. In my example, I have it on the right so use the right scroll wheel. To change the left side use the left scroll wheel.

There is a menu setting to have nothing displayed in that scroll list and maybe that's what you have.

In the right side, the display disappears when you have Navigate to a destination set and a closeup map displays.

You can change it by pushing in the scroll wheel for a couple seconds and up pops a list of what you can put in the space.
@TravelFree Bless you! That did the trick! Not only do I have my energy meter back, but I changed the left side of the screen to "trips" that gives all sorts of stats about the current trip. Where do I send a check for the expert consulting?

I've had it occur where the visualization never appears after being in theater mode while in park. The left side continued to display the car as if it were in park still, even after driving a few miles. Two button reset fixed it.
Has anyone else had the driving visualizations freeze (usually after using the theater/arcade stuff in park)?

Got 4 more inches of snow this morning. FSD drove fine on the covered road out of my street. Then I caught up to the Plow and it centers on the visible blacktop made by the plow. Rest of the trip was messy road and it did fine. one disengagement at a light but probably caused by me, I'm keeping a tight grip on the wheel teaching this FSD student how to drive in the snow.:p

Do you know how to change what displays on the left and right side of that screen?

You can change it by pushing in the scroll wheel for a couple seconds and up pops a list of what you can put in the space. (expanded FSD view off) now scroll down and select the energy one. In my example, I have it on the right so use the right scroll wheel. To change the left side use the left scroll wheel.

There is a menu setting to have nothing displayed in that scroll list and maybe that's what you have.

In the right side, the display disappears when you have Navigate to a destination set and a closeup map displays.
I have no functional use of my right thumb wheel or display. I can't call or text, but it will take nav commands. I've reset and powered down the car with no luck. Same meter/ tire pressure display issues. I'm in Expanded view, but nothing on the right side of the IC. on occasion I get the energy display but very rarely. Any clues? dump the phone and repair it to the car?

I have no functional use of my right thumb wheel or display. I can't call or text, but it will take nav commands. I've reset and powered down the car with no luck. Same meter/ tire pressure display issues. I'm in Expanded view, but nothing on the right side of the IC. on occasion I get the energy display but very rarely. Any clues? dump the phone and repair it to the car?
You need to supply the model and year of your Tesla. But in all cases with driver's display to get the additional options on left and right you MUST disable expanded visualization in the display. I believe call and text has to be initiated now with the icons at the bottom of the main screen. If you don't see those, then touch the three dots and look for them in the popup. My wife wanted those on her Y so we moved them to the screen bar at the bottom.

In my Model S, with the energy gauge on the right when a call comes in or a Text, it will replace the energy display and I can respond with the scroll wheel using voice to text or just answer the voice call.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
You need to supply the model and year of your Tesla. But in all cases with driver's display to get the additional options on left and right you MUST disable expanded visualization in the display. I believe call and text has to be initiated now with the icons at the bottom of the main screen. If you don't see those, then touch the three dots and look for them in the popup. My wife wanted those on her Y so we moved them to the screen bar at the bottom.

In my Model S, with the energy gauge on the right when a call comes in or a Text, it will replace the energy display and I can respond with the scroll wheel using voice to text or just answer the voice call.
I have a 2020 MS

I have not been able to call or text since I got beta. V11 didn't help. I also started using EZ access and I don't know if that bunged up me phone connection. I can call only if the person I'm calling has just one number, but I can not hang up. I cant see a text. It makes me think I have to delete my phone and re add it.

I'll look for the icons, and see if that does any good.

I was having calendar connect issues so I deleted and re-added my phone after getting the beta, turn out it was just the switch in the Tesla App under settings that had come un-checked, but I forgot where it was and no one at my local service center seemed to know either.

My point is removing and re-adding your phone is super easy and painless.

"Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for you. Pernicious nonsense." -J. Frank Parnell

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Deleted the phone and added it back in, reset and power down the car with no luck the right wheel just doesn't work. Voice recognizes a command but I cant select type of phone or person. the wheel doesn't scroll. Since I can't scroll I cant select or call/ text.

Using the Icon off the tool bar doesn't work either.

Pretty clear full coverage for snow/icy conditions will require Hardware 4. So for anyone contemplating using your car as a robotaxi just assume your service won't be operational during active snow/ice conditions. I wouldn't think that would be too much of a problem since it wouldn't be that often and most people would rather stay home anyway.

IMO
The level of compute and the complexity of the neural nets required for FSD to drive better than a human, is not yet clear.
FSD may never get to the level of autonomy we want.
We purchased TACC, lane keeping, auto park, and summon...period.
Any other expectations of FSD performance are irrelevant.

We have been given the rare opportunity to experience and contribute to one of the most advanced AI efforts ever.
Our role is singular, identify edge cases in FSD Beta.
That process is going to continue to involve two steps forward and one step back, and could go on for years.

A process that takes 3x the attentiveness of driving yourself.
FSD Beta is not for taking a relaxing Sunday drive with the kids in the back seat.

Discussions about not getting what we paid for, or expecting FSD to drive you to work (or anywhere) are unproductive distractions.

IMO
The level of compute and the complexity of the neural nets required for FSD to drive better than a human, is not yet clear.

We have been given the rare opportunity to experience and contribute to one of the most advanced AI efforts ever.
Our role is singular, identify edge cases in FSD Beta.
That process is going to continue to involve two steps forward and one step back, and could go on for years.

A process that takes 3x the attentiveness of driving yourself.
FSD Beta is not for taking a relaxing Sunday drive with the kids in the back seat.

Discussions about not getting what we paid for, or expecting FSD to drive you to work (or anywhere) are unproductive distractions.
Don't really disagree with anything you've said. My only point regarding driving on snow covered and/or icy roads is how unique the challenge will be. I'm not really into the levels but FSD could support all the requirements of Levels 4/5 except for snow/ice and be a major success. Snow/ice is really it's own edge case.

IMO

That may be what you purchased.

I purchased (at least) level 4 self-driving.

Per the description of the actual thing I was purchasing at the time.

I agree it may take years to get there. I also don't expect the current sensor suite to be adequate to get there (nor the current driving computer).

Doesn't change the fact that's what I paid for. So I'll continue to expect to receive, as I have so far, all needed HW upgrades for free as part of my purchase, until or unless Tesla concludes they're simply unable to deliver it on my existing car, in which case I'd expect a refund (of FSD, not EAP, that's been done for years now).