Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did receive track mode also, so Fsd and track mode.
Now I have to test the top speed. Rumor has it that it will go 175 now....

For the first time this weekend, I set it to Plaid mode and pressed the pedal halfway down on a straight flat road lol. It went very quickly. It felt faster than those roller coasters where you are stopped and it suddenly starts accelerating very fast. Def felt my heart pump and butterflies in my stomach lol

PS I've had the Plaid for about 3 weeks now

Last edited:
I've done two tests with FSD 10.8.1. The first was a standard set of destinations I do for each new version. FSD beta 10.8.1 performed pretty much the same as 10.8, as expected given the lack of new release notes. Today, I had my first commute on FSD beta 10.8.1. 30 miles each way. The morning commute went surprisingly well with zero disengagements on a mix of city, rural and interstate roads. However, traffic was significantly lighter than normal. Coming home, FSD beta behaved, once again, in similar fashion to 10.8.

I did come across a new test condition on a side trip. FSD beta came up to two separate school zones with reduced speed indicated by flashing lights as school was letting out. Despite flashing lights above the roadway with a clearly lettered School Speed Limit next to the flashing lights, FSD beta made no attempt to slow down and the indicated speed limit on the display did not change.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I have read here that it reports when you grab the wheel, or touch the brake or gas, but if you didn't have to and you still want to report something weird, touch the camera icon in the title bar. No report is made when using the gear shift to cancel FSD.

But I have gotten NO official communications direct from Tesla on the β.

But yes, when you disengage, that is automatically recorded. Based on the email for FSD beta, the manual report button is when something happens and you want to report as well as tell Tesla what happened and why that was an issue. The original email asked you to provide the date, time, location, etc to find those clips to review.

Unfortunately, it's not true that every disengagement (steering wheel or brakes) will get logged and sent to Tesla. I monitor my Model 3's network traffic via my router, and manual disengagements are somewhat infrequently uploaded. AP snapshots (button) are always sent. Usually as soon as you get home and connect to your wifi.

So I would press the button and not worry about "double sends".

This morning on the way to work, I saw a forward collision warning (set to early) and then shortly thereafter I kept seeing an "automatic emergency braking is disabled" message. I went in to autopilot settings, toggled AEB off and on and it seemed to go away. After that, three separate times I saw the "big red hands - take over immediately" symbol without any sort of indication as to why or what went wrong - it looks like there may be some crashing going on in the 10.8.1 FSD software... They weren't strikes counted against me thankfully. I get to work, park and while sitting still the AEB is disabled message popped up again. Not sure what's going on, but I'm sending an email to the FSD team either way.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Haven't even thought about that. I'll do it. I haven't gone through any of the recent threads on FSD so pardon my ignorance. Now that things are getting interesting again, I'm growing impatient.
Let us know how that works out. I heard a couple reports on Reddit in December that they tried it and their score did not reset when opting back in the next day.