Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11.3.6 Veering to the right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car 2017X has started periodically veering to the right very quickly. It is quick enough that with my hands on the steering wheel I have not always been able to stop it. Very scarry. Just today traveling 55 mph in the curb lane it veered about 2 ft onto the right margin of the road before I was able to regain control. Anyone else have this issue? I have been using the FSD for about a year now and never experienced anything like this.

I haven't experienced FSD beta 11.3.6 do this, and I've got the same vehicle configuration. 11.3.6 does other crazy things for me.

Look carefully at the white line on the right side of the lane when/where it does this. Is the white line more difficult to see or broken up when this happens? The software has a strong tendency to try centering the vehicle in a lane, and if it gets confused by the quality of the right-side white line, it might get confused about the centering process.

My car 2017X has started periodically veering to the right very quickly. It is quick enough that with my hands on the steering wheel I have not always been able to stop it. Very scarry. Just today traveling 55 mph in the curb lane it veered about 2 ft onto the right margin of the road before I was able to regain control. Anyone else have this issue? I have been using the FSD for about a year now and never experienced anything like this.
Yep. Although they are trying to reduce it, like a thoughtless machine FSD at times places the vehicle in the center of the lane which becomes a problem when the right side of the road briefly widens (ex: unmarked turn outs, bus stops).

My model 3 arbitrarily jogs left or right on my 3 mile drive to the coffee store all the time. Phantom swerving? Very freaky!
However FSD beta 11.3.6 moves right out of the travel lane to make the right turn onto my street. Previous versions required an intervention to make the turn

The only time I have seen this sort of behavior was when I had an intermittent repeater camera.