Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying FSD/autopilot behavior with on-ramps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This video is exactly why I am not bothering to pay for FSD on my MX order anymore. It's hopelessly bad.
That is why it has not yet been released. It is SUPPOSED to have problems. If there were no problems and it worked perfectly, it would be released. But we are a long way from that. I tend to look at all the cool things it is capable of. That list gets longer w every iteration.

That is why it has not yet been released. It is SUPPOSED to have problems. If there were no problems and it worked perfectly, it would be released. But we are a long way from that. I tend to look at all the cool things it is capable of. That list gets longer w every iteration.

We'll see. I started off optimistic but I'm starting to think the plan is to lower expectations, hope for ongoing fandom support, and "just ship it baby" for WYSIWUG. I think Musk was talking about an end of year release to the public.

I just got done driving 150 miles on a combination of interstates and state highways. On not the AP stack as well as the FSD stack my car barely flinched on any of the entrance/exit ramps, moving over at most a foot only at the very end. The deviation was small enough that had I not been watching for it I wouldn’t have noticed it.

I’m on 2022.20.18

Nope, nothing dramatic. Just the normal stuff. You can see that it is not following the correct line though.

Just realize that wide angle cameras tend to create distortion that can minimize the visual effect.
Those merge lanes seemed longer and more gradual than many I encounter. Either way, the behavior is certainly not remarkable; a minor quibble at best.

Reactions: enemji
Those merge lanes seemed longer and more gradual than many I encounter. Either way, the behavior is certainly not remarkable; a minor quibble at best.
It’s just a post showing that the behavior exhibited on the freeway in merge lanes can occur in some situations with FSD. It’s more notable at higher speeds. And in the video of course it is quite evident too.

I guess looking at the lines is the easiest way to get past the wide angle deception; it is a substantial shift:

C1743E7D-1138-4805-B2AF-6223215BEF0F.jpeg
B1025193-9872-4B1F-BACB-D8BD52540631.jpeg

So we should not, by default, assume that “single stack will fix it.”

Hopefully it does. They’re still working on incorporating lane markings - we’ll see whether this disappears (in this specific case) in 10.69.3! Should not be necessary to have the arrows but whatever works.

Last edited: