Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11 miles lost in 12 Hrs LR AWD / 59F / No Sentry / No Climate on Is this normail?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Battery heating on it’s own doesn’t start until like -20F. It’s not battery heating. And if it was heating it would be worse. That is the rate you lose battery if the car is not sleeping. There are some we’ll known things that prevent sleep and after those are dealt with it’s all speculation over what causes it.

Mine has been stable, finally, for about a month. And it’s still been cool. Much cooler than 60F.
High of 46 tomorrow msw. Enough already.

Found the problem guys, this morning 6:12am I woke the car up to find what I left it last night 201 miles. The culprit is DATA SHARING, I’m guessing these are jamming in the data 24/7 uploading to Tesla which is actually good. But now you know if you are going to an extended trip with limited charging, disable this feature momentarily.

The “Allow Mobile Access” switch is for your phone’s connection, I couldn’t wake up the car with it off.so I had to get in the car to turn it back on under Safety & Security.

Note that twice I had manually turned off the WiFi to find it re-activated by itself. So with the WiFi being on all night, it did not consume any range and the Bluetooth reconnect once I got back in the car.

Disable Data Sharing for those with high Range loss to see if it stops, it did for me.

Fred

View attachment 407183
Nice sleuthing. Data sharing can be turned off while remote access is still on. If you plug in I'd leave the data sharing on. It's not what's happening at night in your garage Tesla is interested in, it's what was recorded while you drive during the day

Look at the time, 6:56am 200 miles and 2.5 hours later 9:26am the same 200 miles. Yes it’s the Data Sharing that’s eating up miles. I say turn this off while you are home. No video clips needed from your garage all night.

Fred

View attachment 407391 View attachment 407390

Data sharing shares stored clips and other information from your drives throughout the day. It only works on WiFi and it doesn’t send pictures of your garage all night.

Nice sleuthing. Data sharing can be turned off while remote access is still on. If you plug in I'd leave the data sharing on. It's not what's happening at night in your garage Tesla is interested in, it's what was recorded while you drive during the day
I was gone for a week, Caribbean cruise, While I was gone the car was plugged in, the mileage would drop down due to the drain of Data Sharing and the wall connector EVSE would restart to top off the car, this happened constantly.

Fred

Look at the time, 6:56am 200 miles and 2.5 hours later 9:26am the same 200 miles. Yes it’s the Data Sharing that’s eating up miles. I say turn this off while you are home. No video clips needed from your garage all night.

Fred

View attachment 407391 View attachment 407390

I did disable data sharing and left for 12 Hrs, and car did not loose any miles on that day. I turned it back on, since I cannot access car remotely from phone. This is something that we can do during road trips / long term parking where we don't have access to charging for long, and worried if car might eat range on its own. Wish if Tesla had a proper hibernate mode or deep-sleep mode.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl and duanra