Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

13kg Gas bottle in boot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly random question but has anyone tried fitting a large 13kg gas bottle into their boot yet?
Need to refill and so wanted to check it fits and also the best way to strap it down so it doesn't roll around.

Thanks

Slightly random question but has anyone tried fitting a large 13kg gas bottle into their boot yet?
Need to refill and so wanted to check it fits and also the best way to strap it down so it doesn't roll around.

Thanks

I would suggest having it lying down in/on the lower boot opening ... they're not that big (diameter 315mm)... don't have one to hand though. I imagine it might not go right into the lower boot section but that the side of the bottle would be stabilised by being in/on it .. if that makes sense. You may not even need additional strapping. (I know it's not usually the ideal way to transport a bottle on its side but in this instance think it might turn out to be best.)

Reactions: m3p_uk and Roy W.
11kg Patio Gas fits no problem - just got a new one ready for an Ooni pizza oven. That's the white and green cylinder made from reinforced glass fibre or something similar. Just on that, an 11kg refill from Homebase was £50!! That's gone up nearly £20 in a year, scandalous. The cheaper option is a traditional 13kg cylinder from Calor or Flogas, but even those are nearly £45 for a refill. Price gouging barstewards!

Reactions: Cnixon

Thanks

Yes, it does fit. Best way to stop it rolling around is to wedge it in with a 15kg gas bottle.

Well, that's what worked for me today anyway! :D