Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming this information is correct, it probably means Tesla didn't get any bug reports of serious concern and therefore has just opened the next larger batch...

Seems like the batches are purposely delayed each time. Larger delay this time is probably due to the impact of this update (local autosteer) I wouldn't go so far as to say the next batch is going out for 3 total updates today, it could just be people from the first batch installing just now.

I was one of the 3 and it looks like all 3 of us were service center / tech support anomalies not general firmware updates. :-/

IMG_1293.PNG

I wonder if there is some sort of calibration that is needed. I got 17.17.4 today from the SC.

I tested it on local roads (for those familiar with South Bay Area CA) on Saratoga Ave, Fruitvale Ave, HW9 from West Valley College to Los Gatos and on parts of HW17 Southbound from Los Gatos to Summit Road. Also, along Summit Road going south. These are all roads that would have been in the "slower" autopilot.

My experience is about a 5x increase in false positives and jerky driving. A couple of times it tried to swerve into the other side of the road suddenly. This comes with a huge surprise as I have put about 4k miles since I bought my car in late March and I have had generally great experiences with AP. Though, most of my AP experience has been on highways at speed. I have yet to test on highways yet with 17.17.4.

I look forward to testing auto-highbeam.

• Informative
Reactions: cdub and croman