Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.26.92 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've got version 17.26.76. got it about a week ago. i was excited for silky smooth, but i have yet to feel it, or not feel it.

the stretch of highway i drove on was not an ideal drive for the previous software autopilot. now that the update has been completed, still not ideal. equally as uncomfortable.

the best part of my old software was stop and go traffic. my MS was really good in that. now, it's just really jerky. not sure how it could've gotten worse.

i've only been driving a Tesla for a little over two months. i feel like Tesla has an incredibly long way to go, however, i am happy to be a part of the experiment.

Just got this update, coming from 17.17.4. They messed up the lane change. It's too aggressive upon initial movement, it will make a passenger spill their drink. It also gets confused if changing lanes in a corner, jerking back into original lane abruptly. It is a little smoother around most corners, but considering how many updates there have been in between that I didn't get, I honestly expected this one to be much better. Still sections of I-90 that it gets completely lost on and weaves over the center line and hits the rumble strip on the edge. This seems to be an attempt to make some things better meanwhile making others worse. Lane change in 17.17.4 worked just fine in my opinion.

I'd have to agree with the post about maybe Tesla shouldn't have charged us 8 grand for features that still aren't even close to prime time.

After driving AP1 vehicles for 8,000 miles around Christmas and enjoying all of the features that actually worked, in my opinion AP2 absolutely is not at parity with AP1. And here we are 7 months after it was promised to be so. Not even gonna mention all the "extra" AP2 functionality we were sold on.

At the current rate of AP2 improvements, I'll be buying a new car long before the AP2 "extras" are ever functional. Wonder if I can get the extra money I paid for non working "pie in the sky" features refunded when I trade for a new Tesla? Yes, I'm completely serious...

Strong words were warranted. Let's not make excuses for irresponsible behavior.

So who has any first hand experience on the differences between .92 and .76? We went straight from .30 to .92 and so far as I can tell all differences we're seeing are in line with .76 changes.
I do, but I'm AP1.0 and I notice no differences... even the speed limit glitch I posted about still exists.

Speed limit glitch isn't going away anytime soon. That came with the switch to TomTom map data, and until TomTom corrects that data, speed limits will have accuracy issues.

In other words, that's not firmware per se, that's a partner issue. I would expect TomTom is working on it but I haven't heard any info on when that data will be corrected. That kind of data issue is tough to resolve quickly.

Speed limit glitch isn't going away anytime soon. That came with the switch to TomTom map data, and until TomTom corrects that data, speed limits will have accuracy issues.

In other words, that's not firmware per se, that's a partner issue. I would expect TomTom is working on it but I haven't heard any info on when that data will be corrected. That kind of data issue is tough to resolve quickly.
The speed limit glitch in talking about is not related to the TomTom glitch because I have AP1. Video below shows that I can set cruise to 90 in a 35...

My AP2 MX went from 17.17.4 to 17.26.76 almost 2 weeks ago. After putting about 200 miles on 17.26.76, it makes me sad to say that in my case this update doesn’t represent the silky silk. To the contrary, I would argue that my 17.17.4 was smoother than 17.26.76. For instance, 17.17.4 had smoother automatic lane change on the highway. The jerky lane change of 17.26.76, as someone else mentioned, is enough to make a passenger spill their coffee. Additionally, in my case it’s clear that either the forward facing cameras aren’t yet activated, or the actionable software code that interprets input from the front cameras isn’t up to snuff. In the short while that I’ve used 17.26.76, my X never slowed its speed when approaching a stopped car- I’ve had to manually pump the brake every time.

Last Thursday my X went in for servicing, and I was given an AP2 X75D with 17.26.92. Same issues as above. Additionally, I don’t know if the following is because the hardware is being re-calibrated by the software, but I have been unable to safely use autopilot at all. When activated, the AP hugs, rides on, and sometime edges over, the left lane marker. NOT safe. I’ve driven about 140 miles so far on 17.26.92 (AP2 X75D loaner).

We've largely had a good experience with .92.

- Lane change is perfect but doesn't execute 10% of the time.
- Handles stop and go traffic smoother. Hasn't failed to slow or stop for a car ahead. Yet.
- Definitely not handling changing speed limits consistently
- Smoother on highway and even local roads but not always. Has oscillated in-lane a couple times. Call it 3 times out of 100.
- Sometimes hugs one side of the lane a bit. Not as much as some have experienced it but definitely a bit
- Still lunges but not as severely over sharp crests in the road
- Still wanders off course going through wide intersections but picks up the lane soon enough that I haven't intervened

There's another thread on another forum where someone is positing that the difference in experiences people are having may come down to calibration / variability in the camera/sensor packs across cars.