Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, saw that. So much for the pattern. Also, what an underwhelming update.

I'd love to have a once-again, properly working recirculate mode before my seasonal allergies kick in (North American springtime) and I'm driving around in my pre-facelift, non-bioweapon defense mode, S. For some owners that actually could be a big deal.

Bruce.

My 2013 non-AP P85 was just at the SC for TPMS sensor replacement/upgrades (I now get the individual TPMS readings on my console) and I received this firmware upgrade while it was there as a result. Not sure if it was a requirement for the TPMS upgrade.

Remind me again what the issue was with the recirculate mode? I can check if it was 'fixed' in this FW.

[edit]
nvm. i checked the Firmware8.0 thread and then went to my car and see the same release notes about the fan fix. and AFAICT, yeah, fan setting '1' on recirc works fine. :)

Last edited:
I'd love to have a once-again, properly working recirculate mode before my seasonal allergies kick in (North American springtime) and I'm driving around in my pre-facelift, non-bioweapon defense mode, S. For some owners that actually could be a big deal.

Bruce.

My 2013 non-AP P85 was just at the SC for TPMS sensor replacement/upgrades (I now get the individual TPMS readings on my console) and I received this firmware upgrade while it was there as a result. Not sure if it was a requirement for the TPMS upgrade.

Remind me again what the issue was with the recirculate mode? I can check if it was 'fixed' in this FW.

[edit]
nvm. i checked the Firmware8.0 thread and then went to my car and see the same release notes about the fan fix. and AFAICT, yeah, fan setting '1' on recirc works fine. :)

I stayed on 7.1 in my Classic specifically because of this. Thankfully, hearing that 7.8.16 "Fanboy" came out, I hit upgrade. Sadly, it was just another 7.1 update and my car sat for about a week without another update. That should be good now as I dropped my car off at Service yesterday and they are on their way back with it now with the new firmware pushed to it (and my door handle serviced yet again). I'm looking forward to my recirculated air!