Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the FSD upgrade (from EAP) for $3k, before the price of $2k was announced. I have a 2018 car. Just called to find out when I would get my $1k refund as per Elon’s tweet. Tesla CS answered immediately (no wait on hold) and I spoke with Josh who knew the issue and said those refunds will be processed starting next week.
What was the Tesla CS number you use? Can I have it. Thank

Also, for those expressing resentment toward Tesla on these forums, assuming the OP has gotten accurate information, it’s important to remember the big picture and how important Tesla’s mission is.

It's also important to remember that people can be Tesla customers and not particularly care about sustainability or any other parts of Tesla's mission.

I purchased the FSD upgrade (from EAP) for $3k, before the price of $2k was announced. I have a 2018 car. Just called to find out when I would get my $1k refund as per Elon’s tweet. Tesla CS answered immediately (no wait on hold) and I spoke with Josh who knew the issue and said those refunds will be processed starting next week.

Also note for those who purchased the FSD pre-order for $3K in the last week and are expecting a refund of $1K, confirm that Tesla actually noted that you have paid for $3K in their system. I just called their customer support and they have told me that their system has noted me to only have paid $2K. I would also suggest to call the Customer Support & Roadside Assistance line ((877) 798-3752), which has a call back feature and appear to be more directly knowledgeable about these issues.

Good. I think this was fair. The other complaints about price changes can pack sand.
I want a $3k refund for EAP and a downgrade to AP. EAP features suck ass.
I hope you are joking.

Most companies wouldn't get themselves in this situation.
Correct. No other company offers these kinds of upgrades. Can't change prices on what you don't have.

I hope you are joking.

I seriously doubt he was joking. AP for $3k gets you TACC, autosteer, and auto-lane change by pressing the turn signal. EAP for $5k gets you that plus NoA, summon, and autopark. No way in hell those additional features are worth $2k. To me, those features are virtually worthless.

And in reality summon and autopark should be a part of basic AP, since they were part of AP1, and they were given to people who purchased the $2500 "Autopilot" in the timeframe when AP1 existed but ended up being delivered a car with AP2 and didn't pay the supplement to upgrade to EAP. NoA is really the only true EAP feature at this point in time.[/QUOTE]

AP for $3k gets you TACC, autosteer, and auto-lane change by pressing the turn signal

That level of AP is actually $2k, not $3k (for 2017/2018 owners).
4C002A07-FD53-4655-B18C-D9ECC26C0CFE.jpeg

Most companies wouldn't get themselves in this situation.
I seriously doubt he was joking. AP for $3k gets you TACC, autosteer, and auto-lane change by pressing the turn signal. EAP for $5k gets you that plus NoA, summon, and autopark. No way in hell those additional features are worth $2k. To me, those features are virtually worthless.

And in reality summon and autopark should be a part of basic AP, since they were part of AP1, and they were given to people who purchased the $2500 "Autopilot" in the timeframe when AP1 existed but ended up being delivered a car with AP2 and didn't pay the supplement to upgrade to EAP. NoA is really the only true EAP feature at this point in time.
[/QUOTE]
Nobody made him buy EAP. "I don't really need this extra power so Tesla should give me the price difference in my P3D vs AWD."

I paid 7k for EAP, I knew what I was buying, we all did.