Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody made him buy EAP. "I don't really need this extra power so Tesla should give me the price difference in my P3D vs AWD."

I paid 7k for EAP, I knew what I was buying, we all did.

Totally agree, bought EAP and it was worth it to me at the time, not going to complain about a price drop here. Happy more people can join in.

However, I do feel scammed for being unable to cancel or return my FSD preorder which has not been delivered. Not being able to return a preorder is just strange and feels shady.

Totally agree, bought EAP and it was worth it to me at the time, not going to complain about a price drop here. Happy more people can join in.

However, I do feel scammed for being unable to cancel or return my FSD preorder which has not been delivered. Not being able to return a preorder is just strange and feels shady.
Think more Gofundme and less preorder.

Full disclosure: After a couple drinks I’m about to pull the $2k Lever on FSD.

Last edited:
How about for those who paid $3k when they ordered the car in 2018?

I paid 3k for FSD in 2018- Tesla told me this evening (after I'd complained via the website days ago about the price cut) I'd be getting a $1000 refund.

We'll see if it happens (and it's honestly still insufficient given it's 3k cheaper for folks who never bought either feature before, but better than the $0 but you can do extra free work for us testing alpha software on your car offer they tried the first time)

I paid 3k for FSD in 2018- Tesla told me this evening (after I'd complained via the website days ago about the price cut) I'd be getting a $1000 refund.

We'll see if it happens (and it's honestly still insufficient given it's 3k cheaper for folks who never bought either feature before, but better than the $0 but you can do extra free work for us testing alpha software on your car offer they tried the first time)
Can you please let me know what you did in more detail? Thanks!

I have got nothing but firm no’s from customer support, as recently as yesterday, so don’t hold your breath.

Hopefully this bears out.

I would love to have the option of exchanging my 5k price for the og 3k price and get early access. I’m happy letting Tesla get the 3k, but 5k was a bridge too far for me

Folks, to be clear, the $1k refund ONLY refers to those who bought the FSD upgrade in that 3-4 day window a week ago where it was available and priced at $3k. NOT to those who purchased it previously for $3k (prior to 2/28/19).

To be clear- I bought my car in June, and took delivery in September, both of 2018, and Tesla just explicitly told me, in writing, I would be getting the 1k refund.

So either they're directly lying to me in writing, or your info is incorrect.

Reactions: preilly44
To be clear- I bought my car in June, and took delivery in September, both of 2018, and Tesla just explicitly told me, in writing, I would be getting the 1k refund.

That is awesome. It is counter to what I was told over the phone by a Tesla CS Rep, but great news and IMHO, the right thing to do...

Reactions: Jeffers0n

Communication down to CS is very bad within Tesla. They are often times not the best informed (and probably not their fault). So I would be surprised if this pans out. Pleasantly surprised (I'd like a $1k refund) but I would personally bet against this happening.

Finally got in touch with supervisor

Thank you for contacting Tesla. Please allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to your email.

As you are aware, Tesla may adjust pricing as we find more efficiencies in manufacturing. In an effort to be transparent, we adjust the prices of our products to pass along the savings to our customers. This is in the spirit of continuous innovation and improvement.

At this time, we will not retroactively refund owners who have already taken delivery. All purchases are final and are not subject to pending price changes.

However, with the purchase of the Full Self Drive feature, you do qualify to be apart of our Early Access Program. When Full Self Drive is pushed through, you will be one of the first waves of vehicle owners to receive it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Lauren | Supervisor, Tesla Email Support”

Anyone get any updates from Tesla on this? No news of a refund for those who purchased FSD for 3k USD after the March 1st price change..

I just got done using the online chat to ask about it. I purchased FSD for $3k on 3/1. Here is what they said:

"Yes, according to the information we've been given, you would qualify for the refund. I know they are going to begin dispersing those very soon. We've been informed it will be automated on our end. I believe they are going to try and refund to the same card used at purchase."