Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2000 FSD Poll

Do you intend to purchase FSD for $2000 before the price goes up on Monday March 18

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price for FSD will go up on Monday March 18. I am probably going to be in the camp that will lock in the $2000 price for Hardware 3.0 and the MCU2 upgrade... hopefully, nothing is guaranteed. This informal poll is to see what others think about rolling the dice and upgrading to FSD for $2000 before the price increase.

• Disagree
Reactions: r0xx0r
The price for FSD will go up on Monday March 18. I am probably going to be in the camp that will lock in the $2000 price for Hardware 3.0 and the MCU2 upgrade... hopefully, nothing is guaranteed. This informal poll is to see what others think about rolling the dice and upgrading to FSD for $2000 before the price increase.

Was it mentioned somewhere I missed that FSD comes with the new MCU2 if you didn't already have it?

882B1444-494A-4FF9-B7AA-E3DAA97EBBC1.jpeg
Was it mentioned somewhere I missed that FSD comes with the new MCU2 if you didn't already have it?

Elon tweeting again today about the MCU2 upgrade path

I do follow him on twitter. And I follow him close enough to know he has been completely ****ing with customers and playing games and semantics. Again, no where does he commit to that being a free upgrade with purchase of the current “FSD” 2k upgrade.

And the reality is, even if he did explicitly state it, it would mean nothing at this point. He (and Tesla) seemingly have no idea what they are doing at this point with their semi autonomous driving strategy.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1375mlm and Varmint
Where does that said that it is included with FSD?

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think the new FSD for $2k is going to include a free upgrade to autopilot 3.0 hardware. No where mentions that, not even Elon on Twitter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 8.13.32 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 8.13.32 pm.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 8.13.09 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 8.13.09 pm.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: gnumeric
Got to hand it to Elon this week. I think most folks will wait to purchase FSD until after the Model Y reveal on Thursday to see if any more information and can be gleaned about it... so after that, I am faced with the prospect of purchasing FSD for both our MX and MS this weekend.... and on top of that, if reservations open up for Model Y, I probably will jump into that purchase as well. Elon looks like he can extract another $6500 out me this weekend without delivering anything until some unknown date in the future. Bravo Elon... well played! I may be a willing participant this weekend.

Still on the fence... I do like a good sale. Unlike purchasing EAP, this is a put your money where you think this company is going decision. Solving FSD, growing, and at some unknown time in the future. I’ve already come this far going all in with an X and 3 (no more ICE), so I might just have to charge ahead.

Reactions: Ryshaw and FlyErik
I am guessing all the premium autonomous features will now be released under the FSD label - even if they aren't really FSD by definition. We can already see that with how they have split the previous EAP capabilities between AP and FSD.

Reactions: FlyErik
Remember the going private deal. Elon made it clear he can speak for himself, not Tesla. I'd rather have it in writing from Tesla than a tweet from Elon. The fact that Tesla has not put it in writing, makes me suspicious. Guess if it was in writing form the company I'd still be suspicious, but less so!

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I purchased the FSD upgrade from EAP for $2k a few days ago. I think the reality is that it's a gamble and people need to decide if they like their odds. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer that applies to everyone.

Personally, I'm taking a $2k gamble that HW3 will be delivered to people who've purchased FSD prior to HW3 being both released and required for FSD functionality. I'm taking an additional gamble that the upgrade will actually be available for MCU1 and/or AP2 vehicles. We have what appears to be a statement from Musk that says we get HW3 retrofit and I think Tesla will make a good-faith effort to deliver on his statement, but absolutely none of know for sure that a retrofit is possible for every AP2 and higher vehicle.

As part of my gamble, I'm making an assumption that FSD will either increase in price when true FSD features are available and/or that the HW3 upgrade will no longer be a free upgrade once it's officially available and required for FSD.

I think whatever HW3 upgrade we do get will be the bare minimum required to make it work and if it does require additional upgrades to MCU or other components that there's a good chance that Tesla will opt to refund the FSD costs instead of delivering a potentially very expensive or impossible upgrade.

Of course, like any gamble I may get nothing out of it, but I'm just not going to lose any sleep over $2k.

Just a reminder, he said there’s an upgrade path for MCU2 since it came out last year. It’s been a year and nothing is announced or being offered.
In fact I had my MCU replaced late last year because of a warranty issue and I offered to pay to have MCU2 installed and they said it wasn't possible.

If/when it's ever available, I doubt it's going to be a minor venture.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve