TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2012 Model S Signature Cars

Discussion in 'Model S' started by optical8, Jun 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

Glad you're getting sorted out.

2. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

My issue is all fixed! So nice having a warranty. I still have no idea how they got a replacement part so fast. Amazing.

Kudos to the Tesla Tempe SC for a job done well and quickly! :D

• Like x 1
  3. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

Sweet!

4. jschwefel

jschwefel VIN #1249, aka “Frank”

Can you provide more details on these changes? I’ve asked about upgrading the rear camera and have been told it can’t be done. Also, it would be nice to have the TP information displayed. Thanks in advance.

5. Frank the Tank

Did you ask for this to be done or did they do it without you asking?

6. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

I asked for these to be done when I brought it in for its first annual and they hooked me up. The camera is a big improvement and the TPMS is also useful but its in BAR and here in Canada we go by PSI.

7. jschwefel

jschwefel VIN #1249, aka “Frank”

Thank you. I’ll ask the Service Center folks again about these upgrades to my car the next time I’m in.

8. tccartier

tccartier Member

Curious if there are any visual cues to be able to tell if one has had the backup camera upgraded or not? My backup camera seems to look okay but I don't have any point of reference to compare it to. I do know that I have the lines that guide the car when in reverse they turn in the direction of travel while backing but other than that I don't know if the resolution is as good as it can be or not.

9. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

The only thing that changes is the resolution. You get a much clearer image and it works a lot better at night.

• Informative x 1
  10. jmitchell

jmitchell Member

I'm not sure, but on the early cars only the technology package cars got the HD camera, so maybe that's the difference.

11. tccartier

tccartier Member

I was under the impression that all signatures had the tech package however I guess that could be incorrect of course. The irony of those of us coming into the signature cars and or the early cars as CPO purchases is that we really have no way of determining what the cars were supposed to be in 2012.

The owner's manuals that are contained within the touchscreen have been infused and updated with all the information that pertains to the newest cars and sorting through the information to determine what was available and or included in 2012 can be quite the maze.

The only resource we have are those early signature owners that either remember or still have their cars. They are an invaluable resource in telling those of us who are buying these cars for the first time what exactly we have or what the early signature cars were born with.

I had always hoped that I would somehow run into the first owner of my Signature VIN number 162 on these boards somewhere so that I could get some real history on the car.

• Like x 1
  12. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

Sig Red/White interior Vin116. Enjoyed it for years, sold it to a friend who is currently selling.
    Loved that car, I still smile every time I see a sig Red :)

13. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

I love the fact that even though we have Sigs we still have the latest and greatest besides AP of course. I've had mine for almost a year and it keeps getting better and better. I can see myself jumping into a facelift P90D in about 2 years though. I might keep the P85 and give it to wifey.

14. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

Have any of you guys got the new chill mode yet?

15. tccartier

tccartier Member

#215 tccartier, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    I'm at the Tempe service center right now so they may load it while I'm here not sure. Stopped in not expecting to get taken care of but the guys took me right in and took care of my concerns. Not really sure how that will apply to older non performance cars like mine. I'm guessing what i'll wind up with is a choice of drive mode selection where there was none before where I'll have the choice of either normal or chill that would be kind of cool right now nothing occupies that space on the screen

16. tccartier

tccartier Member

Update, ..... I did not get the update at the service center yesterday. The Tempe service crew up did not delay because I was waiting for the car so they finished with the concerns and got me back on the road. The update is in the air though and they told me that within a few days?? I would likely get it anyway.

17. Emcsquared

Emcsquared Member

Sig. 246, I got the chill update last week... It's pretty cool... Haha sorry about the pun!

• Like x 1
  18. Emcsquared

Emcsquared Member

Question for you other sig owners... I have Sig 246 w/ tech package, etc... There is the option in settings for side-mirrors auto tilt when in reverse, but it doesn't do anything for me, even if I try and program it. Do any of you have a working auto-tilt in reverse?
    Thanks!

19. tccartier

tccartier Member

Does it also make the regen less aggressive when you lift off of the throttle?

20. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29, M3P 80k

Works fine for me. Just put the car in reverse, move the mirrors appropriately, and when you select Drive again they should go back to the normal position.