Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked my car up from the first annual and they upgraded my rear camera to the new version and upgraded my TPMS so I can now get the readings on the dash. Love Tesla!
Can you provide more details on these changes? I’ve asked about upgrading the rear camera and have been told it can’t be done. Also, it would be nice to have the TP information displayed. Thanks in advance.

Can you provide more details on these changes? I’ve asked about upgrading the rear camera and have been told it can’t be done. Also, it would be nice to have the TP information displayed. Thanks in advance.

I asked for these to be done when I brought it in for its first annual and they hooked me up. The camera is a big improvement and the TPMS is also useful but its in BAR and here in Canada we go by PSI.

I asked for these to be done when I brought it in for its first annual and they hooked me up. The camera is a big improvement and the TPMS is also useful but its in BAR and here in Canada we go by PSI.

Curious if there are any visual cues to be able to tell if one has had the backup camera upgraded or not? My backup camera seems to look okay but I don't have any point of reference to compare it to. I do know that I have the lines that guide the car when in reverse they turn in the direction of travel while backing but other than that I don't know if the resolution is as good as it can be or not.

I'm not sure, but on the early cars only the technology package cars got the HD camera, so maybe that's the difference.

I was under the impression that all signatures had the tech package however I guess that could be incorrect of course. The irony of those of us coming into the signature cars and or the early cars as CPO purchases is that we really have no way of determining what the cars were supposed to be in 2012.

The owner's manuals that are contained within the touchscreen have been infused and updated with all the information that pertains to the newest cars and sorting through the information to determine what was available and or included in 2012 can be quite the maze.

The only resource we have are those early signature owners that either remember or still have their cars. They are an invaluable resource in telling those of us who are buying these cars for the first time what exactly we have or what the early signature cars were born with.

I had always hoped that I would somehow run into the first owner of my Signature VIN number 162 on these boards somewhere so that I could get some real history on the car.

Reactions: jmitchell
I love the fact that even though we have Sigs we still have the latest and greatest besides AP of course. I've had mine for almost a year and it keeps getting better and better. I can see myself jumping into a facelift P90D in about 2 years though. I might keep the P85 and give it to wifey.

Have any of you guys got the new chill mode yet?

I'm at the Tempe service center right now so they may load it while I'm here not sure. Stopped in not expecting to get taken care of but the guys took me right in and took care of my concerns. Not really sure how that will apply to older non performance cars like mine. I'm guessing what i'll wind up with is a choice of drive mode selection where there was none before where I'll have the choice of either normal or chill that would be kind of cool right now nothing occupies that space on the screen

Last edited:
I'm at the Tempe service center right now so they may load it while I'm here not sure. Stopped in not expecting to get taken care of but the guys took me right in and took care of my concerns. Not really sure how that will apply to older non performance cars like mine. I'm guessing what i'll wind up with is a choice of drive mode selection where there was none before where I'll have the choice of either normal or chill that would be kind of cool right now nothing occupies that space on the screen

Update, ..... I did not get the update at the service center yesterday. The Tempe service crew up did not delay because I was waiting for the car so they finished with the concerns and got me back on the road. The update is in the air though and they told me that within a few days?? I would likely get it anyway.

Question for you other sig owners... I have Sig 246 w/ tech package, etc... There is the option in settings for side-mirrors auto tilt when in reverse, but it doesn't do anything for me, even if I try and program it. Do any of you have a working auto-tilt in reverse?
Thanks!

Question for you other sig owners... I have Sig 246 w/ tech package, etc... There is the option in settings for side-mirrors auto tilt when in reverse, but it doesn't do anything for me, even if I try and program it. Do any of you have a working auto-tilt in reverse?
Thanks!
Works fine for me. Just put the car in reverse, move the mirrors appropriately, and when you select Drive again they should go back to the normal position.