Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone has reported getting 2018.24.1 on a classic Model S, and the speed limiting feature wasn't available. They though the reason for that is that the speed limiting enables Chill mode as well as a limit and Chill mode never came to the classic Model Ss.

Here is that post: Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

I guess we're rolling like ice cubes in our old Signatures "square but cool" lol!

Just turned 68k miles on ol' Vin# 162

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: TMobe
I heard there was 1000 Signatures but that number is slightly higher than a 1000 because of some sent to Canada. Super interesting! Never heard a 100% verifiable truth though. As for Signature paint has been on non Signature cars. Mine is still fantastic! Although less miles than most I assume at about 63,000 miles.
47157 mi. here.

IIRC, 1200 Signatures in North America. It was supposed to be 1000 U.S. and 200 Canada. Tesla later "got creative" with that, so the U.S. sigs were in the 1050 ish range. @TEG probably knows the exact #s.

There was intent to do Sigs outside of North America, but there were some significant differences by the time those non-NA Sigs were built.

• Informative
IIRC, 1200 Signatures in North America. It was supposed to be 1000 U.S. and 200 Canada. Tesla later "got creative" with that, so the U.S. sigs were in the 1050 ish range. @TEG probably knows the exact #s.

No, sorry. After spending a ridiculous amount of time researching (as it was happening) Roadster production and VINs, I decided to give it a rest when Model S came out.

Looking back at my notes, I kept a little info on the first "Founder" cars ("FF" VINs up to #41) but then just threw in the towel and stopped watching / searching.

Well just when I thought it couldn't get any better, (and maybe it can't) just had this pop up today. Doing the install right now just got home from work didn't want to mess with it during the day. I'll report back what I pick up but generally these updates on cars of this vintage are just bug fixes and such, very seldom are there any new features anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_20180719_183421817.jpg
    IMG_20180719_183421817.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20180719_183524493.jpg
    IMG_20180719_183524493.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 98
Well just when I thought it couldn't get any better, (and maybe it can't) just had this pop up today. Doing the install right now just got home from work didn't want to mess with it during the day. I'll report back what I pick up but generally these updates on cars of this vintage are just bug fixes and such, very seldom are there any new features anymore.
What's the latest version ?

I had annual service done on Sig 588 yesterday.

2018.26 was pushed to the car and installed the new (beta) navigation system. Maps have a new look with new fonts, identical to the newer loaners I’ve been given.

There is no need for speed limiting or chill mode. In fact, I got a P100DL loaner with chill mode enabled and I was unable to disable it. It’s was hugely disappointing (but probably for the best).

I’m ecstatic with my 2012 Sig. It’s plenty fast and still full of great features. No one thinks this is a 6-year old car. Sure it’d be nice to have parking sensors and auto folding mirrors. I’m ambivalent about AP because my driving wouldn’t utilize it very much. But these Sigs are still great cars - and will be for a long time.

My car gets still complements and stares all the time - not as much as my orange Roadster, but more often than an “outdated” 6 year old car typically warrants.

Obligatory pictures are below. I deleted most (but not all) of the chrome and powder coated the turbines glossy black, so with the Sig Red, it’s a rare look.

F40348C0-D04F-4D7A-9284-BFCC99833A30.jpeg
9270578D-1ACC-4FF7-BD84-21FF9831106B.jpeg

Question about wheel alignment on 2012 Model S P85:

I recently replaced the rear tires again (at approx 7 to 8 k miles ) and the wear on the inside 2" of each tire is evident.( approx. 1-2 k) I haven't had a wheel alignment in more than 2 years but everything is tracking fine.

Before I ask TESLA the question, does anyone here know if the alignment specs have changed since 2012 ? or if there are some new suspension parts available to reduce tire wear ?

I'm not an aggressive driver and If that's the design and expected wear, than I prepared to live with it.

47157 mi. here.

There was intent to do Sigs outside of North America, but there were some significant differences by the time those non-NA Sigs were built.
I concur with Brian’s details. Only 200 Sigs for Canada. I had #2050 but sold it in 2014 to a guy in Utah. FYI the Canadian cars had the newer nosecone

Question about wheel alignment on 2012 Model S P85:

I recently replaced the rear tires again (at approx 7 to 8 k miles ) and the wear on the inside 2" of each tire is evident.( approx. 1-2 k) I haven't had a wheel alignment in more than 2 years but everything is tracking fine.

Before I ask TESLA the question, does anyone here know if the alignment specs have changed since 2012 ? or if there are some new suspension parts available to reduce tire wear ?

I'm not an aggressive driver and If that's the design and expected wear, than I prepared to live with it.

I have heard and was suggested to me by the techs at the Tempe service center to keep the suspension set to standard as opposed to low. I guess the optimal alignment is at the standard height setting as far as camber in the rear. Don't know if it matters just a thought and what I was told. I have a non performance Sig always ride in standard height and thus far have close to 27, 000 ish miles on the tires that came on the car hoping to get at least another 10 to 12 K miles maybe a touch more

• Informative
Reactions: Zapped
I have heard and was suggested to me by the techs at the Tempe service center to keep the suspension set to standard as opposed to low. I guess the optimal alignment is at the standard height setting as far as camber in the rear. Don't know if it matters just a thought and what I was told. I have a non performance Sig always ride in standard height and thus far have close to 27, 000 ish miles on the tires that came on the car hoping to get at least another 10 to 12 K miles maybe a touch more

Do you have 21 inch rims?

19's dont ware as fast as 21's.

True.. that's the primary reason I opted for them. I'm running the Goodyear tires eagle as2 would have probably preferred Michelin but these tires seem to be doing fairly well. Also don't know that Michelin Tires would have performed any better in terms of longevity and they are considerably more expensive than the Goodyear tires.

There may also be a third or fourth good option out there I'll probably be hitting up this thread again when I get down to replacing tires to hear their experiences with the tires that they were running on the early non AWD Model S

I just had my car in for service and Tesla replaced some suspension parts. I also had the 21” tires replaced with Michelin pilot super sport.
The ride is much quieter. Steering feels lighter / more sensitive. Tire wear remains to be seen.