Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my car in for service and Tesla replaced some suspension parts. I also had the 21” tires replaced with Michelin pilot super sport.
The ride is much quieter. Steering feels lighter / more sensitive. Tire wear remains to be seen.

That's a pricey tire to go with knowing what kind of ware they go through in such a short span of time. Let us know how that goes for you.

That's a pricey tire to go with knowing what kind of ware they go through in such a short span of time. Let us know how that goes for you.

Wow you can practically peel the rubber off of those tires with your fingernail if they are what I think they are you'll be lucky to get 10, 000 miles out of those things but they'll stick to the road you'll have tons of grip

Just coming back to revive This Thread yet again :). Just wonder if any of the classic and vintage Model S owners out there have gotten Version 9 yet?

I know this might sound like a first world problem :) but can't say that I'm that thrilled with it although I don't have it yet this is based on what I've seen.

It really is not going to provide any additional features for a 2012 car aside from moving everything around and putting an entirely new skin on my touch screen. basically it seems it's just going to make me have to relearn how to use my car again ? Anyone here have it yet?, Am I off the rails?

Nothing yet, but it's funny that the cars with the least amount of changes with 9.0 will probably get them last. I'm fine with that. As for the anticipated changes, I'm just glad we continue to update because so many cars just get older and more out of date each year. At least we continue to move forward, albeit at a slower pace than other Teslas.

Reactions: tccartier
Just coming back to revive This Thread yet again :). Just wonder if any of the classic and vintage Model S owners out there have gotten Version 9 yet?

I know this might sound like a first world problem :) but can't say that I'm that thrilled with it although I don't have it yet this is based on what I've seen.

It really is not going to provide any additional features for a 2012 car aside from moving everything around and putting an entirely new skin on my touch screen. basically it seems it's just going to make me have to relearn how to use my car again ? Anyone here have it yet?, Am I off the rails?
Yes, I've received on our 2012 P85. I'd never turn down a firmware upgrade, but not having two apps on the screen at once is going to be a workflow that's annoying to break.

The orig owner listed these as "custom Telsa logo mats" when i purchased the car on this forum. I will reach out to him and see if I can find out where he had them made. Very heavy duty and are much better than stock.
Found out he obtained them from the guy who later started T-Sportline. He still produces heavy duty mats, but no longer uses the Tesla logo. (maybe he got a nice note from a lawyer about that) ;)

Just got V9 last night. NOT A FAN! Version 9 took all the customize capability out of the center touch screen. All interaction with everything no matter what it is now is at the very bottom of the screen what used to be one touch often times now takes two or three touches to accomplish the same thing. You cannot interact with anything on the top half of the screen nav is present there at all times and cannot be removed from the screen. Nothing can be placed on the top half of the screen. You cannot have more than one thing on the screen at any time.

The only added features on pre autopilot cars such as mine are I now have the speed limiting feature, and I can send navigation instructions and such to the car from my handset. The latter of which is not groundbreaking that was a feature in my 2013 Chevrolet Volt.

Just got V9 last night. NOT A FAN! Version 9 took all the customize capability out of the center touch screen. All interaction with everything no matter what it is now is at the very bottom of the screen what used to be one touch often times now takes two or three touches to accomplish the same thing. You cannot interact with anything on the top half of the screen nav is present there at all times and cannot be removed from the screen. Nothing can be placed on the top half of the screen. You cannot have more than one thing on the screen at any time.

The only added features on pre autopilot cars such as mine are I now have the speed limiting feature, and I can send navigation instructions and such to the car from my handset. The latter of which is not groundbreaking that was a feature in my 2013 Chevrolet Volt.

There was talk in another tread that Chill Mode was added but I just got the update this morning and I don't have it. New features for me are the games, speed limiter, send navigation from the phone and the ability to control the media from the app.

There was talk in another tread that Chill Mode was added but I just got the update this morning and I don't have it. New features for me are the games, speed limiter, send navigation from the phone and the ability to control the media from the app.

Yes.. lol I got the games as well (for whatever good that does). No Chill for me either.
Not sure how the ability to control media from the app works or if I got it?? Since I'm single and am the only person that drives my car the media control is right there on the screen or on the steering wheel controls. :not sure what good that'd do to be able to control it from my phone?? Perhaps someone with kids or (backseat drivers) lol!! could make use of it.

Overall I remain not impressed. This is the first update that has made my car UI less capable than it was IMHO.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I got it this morning and only got to see it during the drive in. I'll be able to really look at it tonight when I get home. At first glance I'd say it looks a lot cleaner and the layout makes it easier to access most things. Peoples biggest grips seem to be that it doesn't do split screen and you can't have the rear camera at the top of the screen while driving .

I got it this morning and only got to see it during the drive in. I'll be able to really look at it tonight when I get home. At first glance I'd say it looks a lot cleaner and the layout makes it easier to access most things. Peoples biggest grips seem to be that it doesn't do split screen and you can't have the rear camera at the top of the screen while driving .

Not only can you not have the camera at the top of the screen you can't have anything at the top of the screen. I think my biggest difficulty is that it now takes two presses to get to any app and the access is at the very bottom of the screen as opposed to across the top which was closer to my line of sight where they could be opened and immediately moved to top or bottom buy a long press on the icon.

Hopefully you'll come back would be very interested in your thoughts on the system once you have some time to drill down on it.