Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 Gets a 2017 facelift using OEM parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
45AA3ABD-CC97-45C5-AF57-568898B6E57D.jpeg
C63E292C-A588-4C56-8A10-82E7FDA431DD.jpeg
Nice Work..... do you have a front shot?

Reactions: Mensrea and vraev
LUIS looks awesome man! Do you know if they were able to reuse the stock undertray? I've ordered the new one for mine as well as the lower grill i heard didnt fit.

Did you reuse the fog lights? Did the sides of the fog lights not work/fit? Or did you just have them left off

LUIS looks awesome man! Do you know if they were able to reuse the stock undertray? I've ordered the new one for mine as well as the lower grill i heard didnt fit.

Did you reuse the fog lights? Did the sides of the fog lights not work/fit? Or did you just have them left off

@Evolved8 The undertray will not fit you will have to get a new one for this bumper. Also both of your Louvers will not work on this you will have to purchase new ones they run about $235 each plus $60.00 for all chrome pieces

Fog lights i was able to reuse on this.

Last edited:
That looks phenomenal. Do you seal it somehow to ensure moisture/debris (salt) doesn't enter that area and corrode it? Excuse my ignorance, I would just have assumed that DIY solutions may not necessarily seal the interior areas of the car properly and water can enter (driving in the rain) and perhaps enter the motor area/other important electronics.

I would get tricked to believe its a face lift for sure. (or well... the headlights r different on the face lift aswell, but thats not some anyoen think about when they see the front really) I dont understand why people keep saying the gap is to big... lol, anyways, if it does get annoying to some, isnt it just to buy the pre face lift to face lift - custom grill? My personal opinion is that it looks way better with the face lift grill. Hopefully my dad will do this with his lol.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Anyone with 3D printing / fabrication experience willing to take a shot at a custom version of part #1 in the diagram @rknp58plus posted above? Could be wishful thinking on my part, but it looks like that’s the one key piece from the factory set that would need to be changed to make the refresh bumper fit our older models’ more curved hood profile.

Happy to help fund a kickstarter for someone willing to take a shot at it...

Reactions: Lightmatrix