Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Q1 Discussion thread for Delivery numbers, Earnings Report and Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not worried by the burn either. However, any business must need cushion to overcome unexpected events specially in manufacturing where things may not get resolved like a software patch.

Good catch on $1.5B for the entire year. Even then, having only a few hundred M $$ in the bank is not a good idea come September. I still feel that Tesla is setting up for a Q2 beat and then they will go for a secondary.

oh yeah, pretty sure they'll do a secondary later this year to be able to keep up the pace of the GF development. Maybe they'll say "to complete GF1 and start construction on the European factory and attached GF2". They may wait for X release or reveal though, just to score a few more wins.

And now for a more important question for folks tuned into the web call: what was the classical on-hold tune they just played? Not the one on hold right now, but the one before, a sadder, more moody (adagio?) composition? Would love to know which composer that was...

If they do a secondary I think definately it will be a bond offering and not a stock offering. With the bonds market being mostly negative yield right now I think they'll have people lining up to buy their debt. They had no problem what-so-ever selling out the last offering. Now you have the GF materializing and the whole new business of storage with all its promise. So it should be easy to raise a lot of money if they want/need.

oh yeah, pretty sure they'll do a secondary later this year to be able to keep up the pace of the GF development. Maybe they'll say "to complete GF1 and start construction on the European factory and attached GF2". They may wait for X release or reveal though, just to score a few more wins.

They could still get some more money from Panasonic and that would alleviate the need for Tesla to gather the funds. So far Panasonic has only put in a token amount.

EM - Production might double in Q4 if all goes right. Yowzer!!!

- - - Updated - - -

EM - Drove X prototype today, will be the best SUV on market.
John Lavallo is embarrassing. (To B of A)
Elon just told him what question to ask.
In one wee, 38,000 reservations for Powerwall, 2500 Powerpack reservations (10 Powerpacks per reservation). Holy crap!!!